BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nu4-6000

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mendelsohn View Post
    http://www.behringer.com/assets/NU4-...ebBrochure.pdf
    Breakers:
    USA/Canada/Japan 25A
    UK / Australia / Europe / Korea / China 12A

These things can theoretically consume 4800W power, but practically they won't if you don't drive them into clipping. It also depends on the impedance of the speakers.
    If you want to run any amp that's rated at 6000W output power, you're going to have the same issues.
    I would be running four 8 ohm 200/1000 watt JBL floor monitors

On 8 Ohms, the maximum output power is 4x440W. I would expect that a 15A breaker suffices on a 120V line (i.e. assuming that you will never actually reach that power permanently, and that the base power dissipation is neglible, 4*440W/120V=14.7A). Still, it might be cutting it close. If you're not overdriving the 200W speakers, that ought to work even better.

Maybe someone with more experience than I have can confirm (or not)?
    Think of this board as a Swiss Army Mixer. --Glenn Adams

And remember the amp can impulse over the breaker rating and still not blow it. Also remember that the volume any where close will be extreme.

I am having one issue with it. I use 2 channels for horns and the pop when coming out of protection. I have a cap and bulb on the drivers but the still click.

I would really like to see and have a NU4-3000 and a NU4-1000 please.

I just received a NU4-6000 with date code 1307. I can't find a complete manual and my quickstart guide is different from the documentation currently on Behringer's web site. I need someone from the factory to respond with info on what data is correct. The way the unit I received works looks to be better than what is currently on the website. If I order another unit will they be the same or different? Ultimately I want to have several amps and backups but if the crossover design changes it can be a real problem when it comes to interchangeability. If the design changes shouldn't the model number change too? Most of the retailers seem to be showing the two position crossover switch design and yet the website shows a three position switch. Thanks for the help.

Hi Walt, I would suggest you contact CARE directly at care@music-group.com or phone (1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (44) 1562 732290 in Europe to get those answers.

Paul

Will there ever be a NU4-6000DSP?

Quote Originally Posted by Per Sovik View Post
    Will there ever be a NU4-6000DSP?
    I've asked for a NU4-3000 also. For the HFCS drivers.

How about a NU4-12000DSP? For the subs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12