You are here: Home » Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Travel Case for the X32 ?

For those of you with problems with your Safecase, please email Rudy or call and leave a message.

I purchased a Safecase non-doghouse with wheels and now have 6 XLR latches that just fall if pushed/pulled. One latch was embedded in the foam this morning. I emailed Rudy at Safecase on Sunday, Apr 21 and he contacted me that evening. I'm lucky enough to live close to his shop and he took care of the problem in 10 minutes and I can now use my Safecase with confidence.

Meanwhile, I still have the problem of the broken latches. is there any way to fix the latches on my XLR connectors? I'm not in a situation where I can be without the board. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mitchell
    Last edited by Mitchell Bergen; 04-22-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Updated Information

Mitchell,
    How did Rudy correct this? I have the Safecase but live near San Francisco and would like not to ship back to Texas. I read the earlier post about this issue and have been very careful when putting on and removing the lid and i have not had a problem. I would however like to use my case with confidence.

I trimmed the foam on the lid of the case using an electric carving knife.

Turn the lid upside down. You'll notice that that the foam on the back vertical edge of the lid consists of two layers glued together. Use the carving knife to trim the outer layer of foam along the glue seam ... the layer that scraped the XLR connectors. You won't have to trim all the way to the corner or top of the case. Just make a rectangular cut-out enough to give the XLRs some room.

I can send you photos if you need clarification.

As for the XLR latches that were removed by the tight fitting foam ... I was able to push the latches back into the XLR connectors. They should just snap in. Check to see that they have not been bent prior to re-inserting them into the female XLR connector. Straighten the latch if needed.
    Bob

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    I was kinda hoping that SKB would get on board and make a case fitting the X32.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

I couldn't find, in the market place that we call the internet, a case that fit my needs exactly. So, I went to the shop and built my own. My time is very limited these days for anything extra, but back over the Christmas/New Years holidays I found some time to build one. I have the console in a tray, that is custom fit for the console, with a total of 4 rack spaces underneath (2 beside 2,) which is just enough space to house a couple of rack servers for running XControl, Reaper, and the Harmon Amp Control stuff.

Many years ago, when I was just a wee lad, I was fortunate to be under the tutelage of a master case builder. He was the founder of one of the major players in the case market today. Unfortunately, legal reasons prevent me from stating his name or the company. Either way, its a skill that is very much a money saver. Check out the pics for yourselves.... (hopefully they post...)
    Last edited by Jef Bass; 04-25-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: stupid pics won't load. PM me with your email if you want to see them- sorry...

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    PM sent .
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

Hi Jef,

Glad to hear that someone else makes their own cases. I'll send a PM shortly to be able to see them. I've been making my own cases for the past 8 years or so for 3 main reasons: I didn't like the looks of the commercial cases, I couldn't afford their prices, and finally I could customize it the way I needed them. Unfortunately I didn't have a tutor to teach me. I had to learn by trial and error (in equal amounts).

Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123