You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: X32 Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

No Inputs on all channels after "crash" (local, s16, aux)

Hey Everybody!

My name is Thomas, I´m from Germany and I´m using the X32 in a more or less classic "wedding" band. We got our console last week and I think it´s a great piece of equipment. Very easy to use and simple to understand.

BUT:

I have a huge problem on the console, that I didn´t find anywhere here or in other resources. Sometimes after an hour, sometimes, even after 10 minutes none of the Inputs (either local nor S16s, nor Aux) are working. The console reacts normal to everything I do, there´s just nothing coming into it... ???

To start, here´s our configuration (Firmware 1.13):

X32 + 2xS16, all Inputs go into the S16s, no input instead of the chinch AUX5/6 is used on the console. The 2 S16s are set up the way it was mentioned here on the forum: ethernet cable (expensive ones with neutrik etc. from X32-Port A to Port A of 1st S16, then from Port B on 1st S16 to the Port A on the 2nd S16. The X32 is on "local" sync, 1st S16 has no lights on, 2nd S16 is set on "+8". Both S16 are synced correctly and the X32 console says "S16+".

So far, so good.

First, I thought that it could be a power problem. So I took a UPS and but it in front of the S16s and the X32. But problem still occured. So it´s not a problem with low voltages.

Then, I thought that I had maybe build an effect loop by mistake (I know that this crashes a Digico SD9 directly). But I hadn´t. I rechecked and even forced an effectloop with the Delay... Everything goes into clipping, but the console didn´t crash. After 2 minutes I stopped the test.

Next, after the next crash, I thought it could be a sync problem, so after the console crashed I took out the S16s, put them back in, but still none of the inputs worked.

I switched the routing while the console was in this "no input" mode to local, to Port B, back to Port A but nothing helped.

The only thing I can do is: shut the console down, reboot - everything works. But the problem still comes back.

One weird thing I saw, when the console crashed on the gig, was a clipping of one side of the delay that I am using in Effects channel 4. So I took my input signal (external mp3 player), gave it a lot of delay (actually made it clip) and waited... Sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after more than an hour - the console crashed...

Now I´ve chosen another Effect in Slot 4 and didn´t put any signal into it. The console is running smoothly for the last hour and 20 minutes... I´m gonna let it run for the whole night and check from time to time and keep you updated...

Maybe I found a bug in the Delay?

I have already been speaking with Thomann because we have two gigs on sunday and monday and need a working console. As we have already changed all our racks to the S16 version it would kill us, if we would have to use another mixing console... They are checking, if I can get another one within this time frame...

Anybody discovered something like this before? I don´t know what to do to reproduce the crash, so maybe anybody here has an idea! Oh, and by the way: I would be so happy if it is my fault/bad configuration/mistake... I love the console!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hartmeier View Post

I have a huge problem on the console, that I didn´t find anywhere here or in other resources. Sometimes after an hour, sometimes, even after 10 minutes none of the Inputs (either local nor S16s, nor Aux) are working. The console reacts normal to everything I do, there´s just nothing coming into it... ???

One weird thing I saw, when the console crashed on the gig, was a clipping of one side of the delay that I am using in Effects channel 4. So I took my input signal (external mp3 player), gave it a lot of delay (actually made it clip) and waited... Sometimes after 10 minutes, sometimes after more than an hour - the console crashed...

Now I´ve chosen another Effect in Slot 4 and didn´t put any signal into it. The console is running smoothly for the last hour and 20 minutes... I´m gonna let it run for the whole night and check from time to time and keep you updated...

Maybe I found a bug in the Delay?
    UPDATE:

Without putting any signal through the Delay, the console was now running smoothly for the whole night. I left it around ten o´clock in the evening and it´s still running now (seven o´clock in the morning). So, from my point of view, it is a software problem with the Delay. I have know put a signal on the Delay again to see, if the console crashes again... Will keep you updated...

Cheers, Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your X32. This is something that I have not discovered before. I think the best way forward here would be for you send me, if possible. a copy of your show-file. I can then check through your routing and rule out any issues and if needs be send you back an amended show-file. I will contact you via PM to arrange for you to email this file to me. If we find anything useful to the wider community we can post it here once we have validated it. I look forward to speaking with you and getting to the bottom of this issue.

Kind Regards
    Jim Knowles
    CARE EMEA / Tech Support
    MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER

Request:

I would like a Analyser on the EQ section of a Channel Strip, it could be turned on/off to be a easier guide!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Forrest View Post
    Hello All

Here is a feature request:

It would be really nice to have the ability to choose between a graphic EQ or Parametric EQ on buses 1 -16 and on the LR master fader instead of having to route the bus to an EQ in the effects section. It would free up room in the effects section to add more insert effects and help in eliminating feedback in wedge monitors.

Thanks

Ron Forrest
    Dont need to do any routing. Just select one channel of a 31 band eq in your effects page and choose it as an insert in the mix bus. Then u have both parametric and geq. Assign the geq to a user assign button for quick access and you are done...

feature request

New device: X32 Control

This would be all the faders and knobs of the producer, but no audio i/o, no mix engine...just the faders. It could then be optionally used with an X32 Rack or X32 Core....or used to expand an existing X32/Producer/Compact with more faders.

I am probably going to get the X32 Rack, but I admit there are some days I am going to wish I got the Producer. That is where something like the above would be very useful for those days.

It could also be located remotely from the audio i/o, potentially even wirelessly if ethernet protocol is used for communication as opposed to midi.

feature request:

multi-channel recording directly to USB drive, and playback through the mixer.

Mike
    It would be really good to have an RTA in the background when using EQ adjustment - I do a lot of training of operators and to be able to 'see' what 1KHz sounds like would be fantastic - I don't know how difficult that would be?
    Secondly, it's frustrating that the PC software is limited to one block of the screen, when I have quite a large area of screen hardware. Are there any plans to release the bits of the software from each other so we can put the faders in one place and open a window with the monitors in somewhere else, etc. ie. use the windows GUI functionality....?

I have x32 and I was under the impression that it had the ability to play back MP3 tracks from the usb port. I am sure that the demo units had this facility.
    I know that the desk is capable of high quality sound and MP3 is not regarded as such.
    To be able to use this for pre show music source using MP3 would be a great advantage.
    The problem I also have is that most acts turn up with backing tracks in MP3, I then have convert to 40.1khz 16bit wave format and from a low quality source so defeats the point of using wave.
    I urge you re think having MP3 play back available or at least getting rid of that god awful 1970s cassette tape graphic it just lets a first class sound desk down and gives it no credit from the pro uses who are trying to make this an acceptable standard.

Add the mixbus and the matrix as an option to the card/aes50 routing.

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast