You are here: Home » Forum
Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: X32 Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

Where can I find the tone generator

eric -- press the monitor button, the scroll across to oscillator.

Dave

A feature i would like to see is built in digital crossover...4-way...so i can use 9-16 out for the x-over. Anyone else like to see this?

Hi Troy,

There was talk about adding this to the matrixes in the last firmware updated (1.13). But I just checked and I don't think it happened.

Paul

Hi Paul / Troy, im sure it has been done. I followed the instruction of a guy on youtube to set up 3 way stereo, so im sure 4 way would be a possibility using the butterworth 24 filters in the eq section for the matrixes. I cant remember his name off hand, but he has done a load of instructionals on youtube, and goes under his ham radio call sign -- he works at a community church in America somewhere -- if i find his details i will repost it, as hes really quite good with the x32.

Dave

Thanks David,

That would be great if you could find his name or even the link to the youtube. I think eventually someone is going to have to create a wiki to bring all of these tips, tricks and undocumented features into one searchable site. I know we can search on this forum, but it doesn't always find what I'm looking for.

Paul

Bit of diggin Paul -- http://www.youtube.com/user/KD7QCU?feature=

He show setting up for 3 way stereo, (well bi amp tops and subs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtwW1l-FECg

He has quite a few excellent tutorials on there

Dave

Had another quick look, it appears that only 6 matrixes are available, so for 4 way you would have to run highs and mid highs as stereo and your mid sub and subs as mono to get 4 way, unless the butterworths can be applied to the main L+R (not in front of the desk to check at the moment) although if memory serves i dont think you can. May be a nice feature request that the mains can have filters applied as well, that way you can use it in conjunction with the 6 matrixes, to go for a full blown 4 way stereo system FOH, or applying delays go for 2 way at FOH and another 2 way further down etc. Or another way may be possible to lose the MC, and perhaps that would free the Matrix sliders 7 and 8 ???? not sure at the moment untili go check.

Will check the mains for filters tomorrow, and see if there is a way to lose the MC

Dave

Fired up xcontrol, and as i thought there are no filters available for the main outs -- can i request this as a feature perhaps? and also i cannot see a way to free up the MC to see if it would then give us matrixes 7 and 8

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Those tutorials are good. I had a look again in XControl and discovered the filters are there in the matrixes, but only on bands 1 and 6. And you are right, they are not included in L/R and the M/C. If Behringer had included these, would that not provide you with the 4 way stereo you are looking for?

Paul

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast