You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: X32 Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Crook View Post
    I've been running sound for a smallish convention over the weekend, using an X32/S16 pair as the main sound desk. We had some serious issues, though:

1. We had quite a few loud pops on the main speakers. We were recording via the XUF card to a PC, and have these captured; what we saw was multiple inputs going from zero to full scale (both positive and negative full scale observed at different times) for a single sample, and then returning to zero on the following sample. Mix bus outputs tracked this spike with a 16 sample delay, and main FoH outputs (which had a TruEQ inserted) showed the same spike with a 40 sample delay.

We believe that the hotel's mains supply may have been noisy -- our hypothesis is that there may have been some kind of inductive switching resulting in mains-borne noise -- but we're a little suspicious that this may have induced problems in the digital domain. Can you comment? For the third day of the convention, we fed the main desk via a Samson PowerBrite, and didn't have this problem beyond that point. Do you expect to need mains filtering (or online UPS) on the X32 (and / or the S16)?

2. More seriously, on three occasions the desk spontaneously switched itself off, and refused to turn back on for around half an hour. On the first, we initially identified the problem as having been a corroded power pin on a mains cable; however, we checked the whole chain of the power feed after that, and it couldn't have contributed to the second and third cases. We now believe that the first case may actually have been the same as the other two, although we can't prove one way or the other.

In the second case, the screen and all lights on the desk just turned off. Switching mains off and on did nothing; the mains cable was checked and found to be supplying 240V normally. After ten minutes switched off, turning back on still did nothing. Our best guess was a thermal shutdown; after a further fifteen minutes switched off with adjacent exterior doors open (and outside temperature around 0C) the desk restarted normally.

In the third case, we saw almost identical behaviour, except the desk shut down, started rebooting about a second later, completed the reboot sequence and activated the control surface, and then instantly shut down completely, refusing to reboot for around half an hour again. After the second occasion, we had relocated the desk to be further from heating vents, and ambient was (estimated) around 22-23C.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour? We had an extremely sympathetic audience who had been warned we were trying new technology; with a normal audience, we'd have been lynched. Fortunately, given we hadn't run an event on the X32 before, I'd taken a Soundcraft Live4 analogue system (and a multicore snake) as an emergency backup. Rewiring the stage and the entire desk mid-concert definitely comes under the heading of Not Fun, though, even with a sympathetic audience. Right now, I can't consider using the desk for higher profile events, which is deeply disappointing and annoying; apart from these issues, the X32 was a near-perfect fit for this kind of use (small-medium music convention), but that's a really big "apart from".

I sent a much more detailed version of this (but without the third shutdown documented) to care@ on Saturday night; I'll follow up with the details of the last incident.
    Hi Deborah,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your X32. I will PM you right away to discuss this further.

Kind Regards
    Jim Knowles
    CARE EMEA / Tech Support
    MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER

Both problems sound like a hotel power issue to me. Try getting a small UPS (1000VA) and see if it happens again (which I highly doubt).

My only requests after a month using the X32 are
    1 to be able to assign a buttom to a especific page of a efex like FX 2 eq B
    2 to be able to copy 1 graphic eq I did on graphic eq a and paste it on b
    3 a wealthy preset library to have start point for on the fly

Illegal OSC message from X32

I've written an OSC program which access the meter data from the X32, but the OSC library I use throws away the meter messages because the path portion of the message is illegal. All legal paths start with a slash "/", but the path portion of the meter messages is missing the slash.

For example I'm subscribing to /meters/6, but the return message just has meters/6. The meter messages going to XControl also have the same issue, they just have meters/5. Other return messages seem to get it right and include the slash, it's just the meters that seem to have the problem.

The OSC library I'm using performs extensive validity checking on incoming messages and throws away any malformed messages, which is the correct behavior according to the OSC spec. So in order to get these meter values I have to download the source for the library and hack it to turn off the validity testing.

Please fix this,

thanks,

John S.

Things I'm missing:

- Send on faders for the matrix mixes: put the mixbus send levels on the left set of faders.
    - Tip for the S16 mk2: AES EBU output(s) for digital connection to e.g. the DCX2496.
    - Or: provide an affordable ADAT to 4x AES EBU convertor.

Dear Behringer Santa or better Easter bunny !
    here is my wish list

1. RTA function that i can use my ECM 8000 + maybe with a automatic EQ like my DBX Driverack ( That i can sell ist an get a second S16 )
    2. Anti Feedback Funktion in Monitor or and Main
    3. Better Fader for X32 Version 2
    4. A better Speaker management.
    5. Dynamics and EQ Libary with ready preset´s ( like for Drums , Vocals etc. ) like my 01V96 it have.

Ok that´s the first wishes, more comes maybe in future .

THANKS !

X32 Noise Pops & L/R Meters Pegging

My new X32 has noise and pops on AUX 1-6, then the noise turns into L/R & Solo meters pegging to max until I turn it off. When I restart all is well for a while, then with nothing plugged into the X32 it will start making noise in aux 1-6 and at some point once again the the main meters will peg, and if I do not shut it down they will return to normal in about 5 seconds go back down and all is OK till it decides to do it again.I need this unit to work every day consistently and it has done this crazy stuff since it was delivered. I have installed all updates. Has anyone else had this problem. Where can I get help? Please advise. Thank You

H.O.W. wish list

1)Automixer based on the Dugan Algorithm, patchable via the existing DCAs perhaps?
    2)The missing orchestra instrument scribble trip icons plus handbells, pipe organ, earset mic. If there is a maximum number the board can hold I would happily delete things like the 4X12 half stack from ours and download replacements from this website.
    3)Feedback detection/elimination. The previous Behringer implementations have been underwhelming please investigate the systems used by Shure and Sabine. As part of this please implement Q up to 100 for all PEQs on the desk for feedback removal.
    4)Android control application in versions for Phones and tablets.
    5)If no feedback elimination or automixing will be forth coming then please allow routing of analog insert points and/or direct outs via unused XLR inputs and outputs on the desk not just the 1/4" auxes especially when using the S16 it seems silly to be limited to just the six auxes with 40 other unused connection points at hand.

Just got the board. The one thing that seems to be a big miss that should be easy to fix is the ability to easily pan a stereo IEM mix. I know I'm not the only one to post this, but I wanted to make sure it was addressed. I think it's especially important to add it to the ipad and the iphone app. If there is a way to do this that I am unaware of, please reply. I would suggest using the even numbered bus (ex bus 2 if bus 1 is left and bus 2 is right side of iem mix). When selecting even bus, center the faders at halfway (-10db) and let them act as the pan control and the 1 bus would still be the fader. As for the app, I'm sure you could add 1 more screen on the fader swipe landscape mode that would have pan knobs or something similar. Thanks for providing this opportunity to give feedback. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE LEEP JR View Post
    Just got the board. The one thing that seems to be a big miss that should be easy to fix is the ability to easily pan a stereo IEM mix. I know I'm not the only one to post this, but I wanted to make sure it was addressed. I think it's especially important to add it to the ipad and the iphone app. If there is a way to do this that I am unaware of, please reply. I would suggest using the even numbered bus (ex bus 2 if bus 1 is left and bus 2 is right side of iem mix). When selecting even bus, center the faders at halfway (-10db) and let them act as the pan control and the 1 bus would still be the fader. As for the app, I'm sure you could add 1 more screen on the fader swipe landscape mode that would have pan knobs or something similar. Thanks for providing this opportunity to give feedback. Mike
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. If you are creating a IEM mix on a linked pair of Mix Busses then the PAN control can be found on the 2nd BUS SEND encoder for that pair in the BUS SENDS section.
    For example lets say we link MIX BUS 1 and 2, BUS SEND encoder 1 becomes the level control for the pair and BUS SEND encoder 2 becomes the pan control.
    Press the SELECT button above any channel assigned to the mix bus pair, make sure you are on the home tab.
    On the right hand side of the screen you will see the BUS SENDS window, BUS SEND 1 will show the level of signal being sent to the bus, as you turn BUS SEND encoder 1 you will see the orange bar move in this section representing the level of signal being sent. In BUS SEND 2 you will see that there is a Grey line in the middle, as as you rotate BUS SEND encoder 2 you will see the orange bar move left or right, if you have your pan control set in the middle there will be no orange bar. You can monitor this by pressing solo on the MIX BUS. Repeat this process for all channels routed to the MIX BUS pair until you have the desired mix.
    Unfortunately this process(as yet) isn't possible using iPad/Phone app, we are however constantly listening to our customers and developing as many ideas as possible. I hope this helps you Mike and once again thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards
    Jim Knowles
    CARE EMEA / Tech Support
    MUSIC Group / BEHRINGER

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast