You are here: Home » Forum
Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: X32 Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

blechi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Koopman View Post
    RIght. I was hoping it could be implemented in the same way as normal routing where it overlays the channel it assigns to. That way we dont have to dedicate a P16 channel to talkback only. As it is I am using all 16 channels already so I will have to get creative to open up another channel for talkback.

Thanks
    +1
    This is exactly the situation I'm in. No room for a dedicated talkback P16 channel.

And some feature requests:

1. - free fader grouping/pairing (DDX3216 style) would be a great addition

2. - mute groups are useless if they unmute manually muted channels.
    Please fix that. (or at least make it a setup option)

3. - please add 'off' or 'none' as an input option for the FX.
    As it is now you have to sacrifice a mix bus and mute it to be able to turn the stereo delay into a ping-pong delay.

4. - please sync the flash of the tap button with the pressing of the button.
    It's a little irritating (at best) as it works now.

5. - RTA (as an overlay for the GEQs and PEQs)

6. - please add autorepeat at least to the backspace button.
    It's annoying to have to press the button a dozen times to delete the name of a preset or scene etc....

7. - .mp3 functionality for the USB player

8. - please add some form of playlist to the USB player.

And a question:
    Is there a limit regarding the number of .wav files on a USB stick?
    In the player's file list many of my files are missing others are selectable but won't play (all '.wav' in the console's samplerate).

all the best
    joachim

TPrather
    Quote Originally Posted by Jürgen Kirkovits View Post
    The M/C (mono) bus should do exactly what you are asking for. This was very recently explained in your other thread: http://forum.behringer.com/showthrea...r-Aux-Fed-Subs

What has not been discussed in the other thread, you can have the Mono bus assigned to multiple outputs. Of course that wouldn't help if you want different levels for each of your subwoofer input, but I would rather change the gain directly on the sub amp instead of riding different subwoofer levels on the board.
    I understand what you're saying and I understand how the Mono bus works, but say I wanted to run aux-fed-subs AND have my monitors on busses 1 and 2 to be linked to the level of my L/R fader. Right now this isn't possible with just a single mono bus. The mono bus also doesn't solve the ease of use issue for 'sends-on-faders'.

All that's needed is a single check box on each bus's config page that links it to the level of the L/R fader, seems like a good option to have per/bus, and not a hard option to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by TPrather View Post
    I understand what you're saying and I understand how the Mono bus works, but say I wanted to run aux-fed-subs AND have my monitors on busses 1 and 2 to be linked to the level of my L/R fader. Right now this isn't possible with just a single mono bus. The mono bus also doesn't solve the ease of use issue for 'sends-on-faders'.
    I couldn't think of a situation where I would want my monitor wedges linked to my main fader, but I'm open-minded, so: when and why would you want to do this? As for 'sends-on-fader' for the mono bus: that should work just like for the other mix busses when selecting the mono bus in the last layer, or doesn't it?

S16 Bug(?) no remote Gain from Ipad App.

I just noticed that the gain of the S16 cannot remotely adjusted via the Ipad App. Can anybody confirm or tell me what I am missing, please.

Henry

Edit: And YES, the S16 is plugged in the A-Port, gaining from the desk works. Maybe it's an App Issue.
    X32, MacBookPro 17 i7 Quad 2.2, Presonus Studio One Pro

Faulty Level Display on PC App

Fader down to zero.

Fader up to -27 db, the left and right faders in the upper view have a lower value than the on in the lower faders (it is channel 1)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Z...m+12.05.06.jpg

Fader up to -22 db, the upper fader display moved a bit, but the value is visible differing from the lower fader position.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-a...m+12.05.32.jpg

Can anybody confirm that as an issue, or di I miss something?

Thx, Henry
    Last edited by henryklein; 12-17-2012 at 03:16 AM.
    X32, MacBookPro 17 i7 Quad 2.2, Presonus Studio One Pro

Please oh please... Let me select the tap point - pre or post fader.... eq etc... when routing the firewire card so I can record low cut filter, compressor, eq etc from the channel.
    Pauly

Kraft1
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    Please oh please... Let me select the tap point - pre or post fader.... eq etc... when routing the firewire card so I can record low cut filter, compressor, eq etc from the channel.
    Pauly
    This can be done by using the P16 outputs and the buss outputs and assigning them to the card outs. I just did this in a recording project yesterday. I only used the P16 outs but it worked well for me. I needed some compression on a vocal mic and it worked out great.

Param safes PER CHANNEL

I'd really like to be able to "safe" channel parameters on a per-channel basis. That is to be able to say "I want to prevent the EQ and dynamics setting of Channels 1, 3 and 7 from being affected by loading a scene (which has these parameters recorded), but I want all the OTHER parameters for those channels, and ALL parameters for all the other channels, to be loaded"

This is needed if, for example, you need to make temporary tweaks to some settings on one channel because the talent has a cold, but you still need all the other settings of that channel to follow the recorded scenes, and also all settings for the other channels. At the moment, you can only safe a single param for ALL channels or none (param safe), of safe All params for individual channels (channel safe). I need to be able to safe SOME params for SOME channels.
    Last edited by Dave Korman; 01-01-2013 at 04:52 AM.

2-Trac from PC to X32 Aux 1-2

We have been using our X32 for about 3 months for live sound in our church and slowly learning to add features to our mix. We feel we are starting the understand and use the board fairly well. It has also been easy for new sound team member to learn to use.

I have run into one issue I can’t solve yet. I want to route 2-Trac sound from my PC into my X32 over the USB connection and only use 2 Aux channels. Specifically, I want to be able to play videos and mp3 on my PC and have the sound play on the X32 during the service, and I don’t want to use analog cables. My desire is to bring the PC sound into the board over the USB connection and into the Aux 1-2 channels, and still have Aux 3-4 inputs available for iPod, and Aux 5-6 cover my CD player.

I had successfully routed PC sound in to Aux In 1-2, by changing my Routing, Home, Aux In 1-4 from the default Aux 1-4 to Card 1-4. However, that meant my Aux In 3-4 was set to Card 3-4. I’ve been living with that since I need the PC input more than I need iPod. I recently figured I could use my scene functions to swap between various inputs setup, having Card 1-4 in Aux 1-4 in one scene and Aux 1-4 in another. However, I want a simpler default setup for my team members and have all this in a single scene.

I finally got to watch the X32 Webinar (Great help!) the other day, and the speakers said we could modify the routing from the defaults by selecting the channel or aux configuration source. For example, for channel 1, I can select Home, Config, and modify the source to any number of sources. If, for example, I modify my Inputs 1-8 on Routing, home from Local 1-8 to Card 1-8 I can then pick Channels 1 & 2 to use Card 1 & 2 as inputs and still set channel 3 thru 8 on Local 3 thru 8. Very cool.

I want to do this same trick on my Aux 1-2 channels. However, when I set my Aux In 1-4 to Card 1-4 my Aux 1-4 channels now get inputs from Card 1-4. However, when I then look at the Aux 3 or 4 source lists, I no longer have Aux 1 to 4 (the ports on the back of the X32) as a possible source for the Aux channels. By the way, I am testing all this in the most recent X-Control program for PC (very nice trick discussed in the Webinar, so the X32 itself may not have this issue.)

Yes, I could bring my PC sound into the X32 on two of my Channels 1-32, and retain the use of the remaining channels to the physical inputs. However, the channel inputs are nearly full since I have 3 different groups each using a section of inputs for their setup. Also, the Aux In has always been where PC sound has come into my board, and I don’t need a fancy mic pre-amp for this signal. I really just want to put PC 2-Trac into Aux my Aux Channels, along with iPod and CD player. Anyone have a better idea on how to do this? Or can Behringer make the Aux channels Input sources mimic the Channels and give me the choice or Card 1-4 along with Aux 1-4 as a choice on my channel source?

Thanks for the cool board. We really do like it. And sorry for the long post.

One more vote for a Move channel to go along with the Copy/Paste functions. But this would also mean that a default would need to be set for the no-longer-used channel. This could be user defined (eg. color yellow, text "Not Used", etc.).

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast