You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: X32 Feature Request and Issue Reporting Thread

Just a couple of feature requests
    A bigger cue stack in live theatre 100 cues is not even 1/2 of a show
    The ability to just select mutes to record when saving a scene

Lightbulb Double tap for quick access

A quick access to the "other half" of inputs. If you are on inputs 1-16 and you double tap a channel select button, it would blink and you would have access to the channel underneath. IE if you were to double tap on channel 1 it would then flip to channel 17 to make adjustments while the rest of the channels would remain on 1-16. Conversely, if on 17-32 and double tap on 17 you would have access to 1 while the rest of the channels remained 17-32.

An example, instruments on 1-16 and vocals and horns on 17-32. You have a guitar solo (instruments on 1-16) coming up out of the verse (lead vocal on 17-32), followed by a horn solo (inputs 17-32). Right now you do not have access to the channels other than quickly flipping back an forth between channel layers. With quick access you could stay on 17-32 and double tap on guitar channel so it would be ready to fade up out of the vocal. Then you would be able to fade guitar down while bring up the horn solo.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMen View Post
    A quick access to the "other half" of inputs. If you are on inputs 1-16 and you double tap a channel select button, it would blink and you would have access to the channel underneath. IE if you were to double tap on channel 1 it would then flip to channel 17 to make adjustments while the rest of the channels would remain on 1-16. Conversely, if on 17-32 and double tap on 17 you would have access to 1 while the rest of the channels remained 17-32.

An example, instruments on 1-16 and vocals and horns on 17-32. You have a guitar solo (instruments on 1-16) coming up out of the verse (lead vocal on 17-32), followed by a horn solo (inputs 17-32). Right now you do not have access to the channels other than quickly flipping back an forth between channel layers. With quick access you could stay on 17-32 and double tap on guitar channel so it would be ready to fade up out of the vocal. Then you would be able to fade guitar down while bring up the horn solo.
    I worked around that with putting the not-so-often to be adjusted instruments to the 2nd layer. Remember that you can assign input 17 to any channel 1-16 on the first layer. In my case toms are always on the 2nd layer, vca driven if needed.

As an example with a previously mixed band
    Channels on X32: 1 kick, 2 snare, 3,4 overheads, 5 baseguitar, 6 git1, 7 git2, 8 sax, 9 trp, 10 trb, 11+12 keys, 13-16 vocals , 17-20 toms.

VCA: 1 Drums+Baseguitar, 2 Toms, 3 git+keys, 4 brass, 5 vocal FX on Mix 13(dual Fx with reverb and delay, mix adjusted on assignable knob), 6 Drum FX on Mix 14, 7 Brass FX on Mix 15 (same FX type as on vocals), 8 Solo FX on Mix 16

Talents' monitors: 1 front left, 2 front center, 3 front right, 4 drumfill, 5+6 brass with panning as the artists appeared on stage from left to rigt.

That worked smooth for both me and the band of 9 musicians.

here's a sample of the 3 hour show of my friends of www.wunderbuntd.de : http://soundcloud.com/henryklein/23-...-09-29/s-2UpQn

Henry
    X32, MacBookPro 17 i7 Quad 2.2, Presonus Studio One Pro

alchemist
    Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    One thing that's _absolutely_ _needed_ by those of use using the X32 as a recording interface in the capability to route signals (via firewire or usb interface) POST processing. It seems that the 32 channels that can be sent to the computer are dry and cannot be routed pre or post processing. At the moment, the X32 is just a Preamp and A to D converter only. It could be so much more.

Pauly
    Totally! What I am missing as well and really hoping to see that in the 1.10 firmware update.

Would like to be able to configure the X32 to recall a specified scene on power up.
    We have X32 in a church used by multiple operators for different purposes and need it to power up in a known "basic" state whatever the previous operator has done with it.

Also would like to +1 the idea on the previous page of being able to lock out functions for inexperienced users.

What I would like to see:

1. Full features Xcontrol (user assign keys, recorder, etc enabled)
    2. Re-sizable Xcontrol window to fit screen resolution
    3. RTA

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by congoblue View Post
    Would like to be able to configure the X32 to recall a specified scene on power up.
    We have X32 in a church used by multiple operators for different purposes and need it to power up in a known "basic" state whatever the previous operator has done with it.
    What I have done is simply include a "default" scene in each service's show file and have trained the operators to always load the default scene first. This "resets" the board to make sure it is in the exact configuration needed for that specific service.

But yes it would be nice to specify a default boot scene.

JCT Audio Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopdaddy View Post
    What I would like to see:

1. Full features Xcontrol (user assign keys, recorder, etc enabled)
    2. Re-sizable Xcontrol window to fit screen resolution
    3. RTA

Jared
    I agree absolutly with points 1 and 2. I bought a Samsung ATIV smart pad with full windows 8 and networked it with my X32 with wifi. The only reason I bought this instead of an ipad is because the app for the ipad is VERY limited and does NOT even allow access to channel processing, eq, compressor, ect. It helped me do my gig BUT, it's very glitchy.

The faders are all way too small, it is too easy to grab the wrong one. As a matter of fact, in my opinion, all of the controls are too small, an option to choose lager controls is NEEDED. One other thing, it would be nice if on the eq you could grab the eq bands on the graphic picture and shift the frequencys and gain without going to the dials.

One thing is for sure, unless you absolutely had to you would NOT want to mix only on the tablet alone. I wonder how the ipad version is as far as fader moves. My opinion.

So far I'm really enjoying the x-32. To be honest there's nothing I need that I don't think they're already going to implement anyway but there are couple of things I have on the wish list:
    1.) full function on xControl
    2.) Android app
    3.) ability to use the monitor outs as main outs. I know you can just plug in the mains, but I want to change the behavior so I can still solo through the headphones but not affect the monitor outs, that way I could free up two analog outs.
    4.) graphical summary of analog outs, currently I have to page through each one to see where they're sourced from (direct channel, mix bus, etc.)
    5.) User level security - user accounts with assignable privilege/access.
    6.) RTA with spectral analyzer

Thanks for listening

Robert871
    Hi my x32 just arrived today to northern ireland. I am having problems with gain pot noise. If i where to hum into a mic and turn the gain knob i hear a crackling sound like the audio is digitally breaking up. This noise is not present with no audio. Also i am having problems with audio return on firewire. Works fine through usb. Seems to be a clocking issue.

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast