You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Behringer MS16

Behringer MS16

Hi,

I know this is going to sound like a complete newb question but that's exactly what I am.

I've just got a pair of Behringer MS16 speakers. I have a PC which I have a Toneport GX running on. And I have a MacBook Pro.

What would be the best set up to use the MS16s on?

Done a bit of digging and people are saying not to plug the MS16s straight into the soundcard of your PC or Mac but to use an audio interface. So would the best option be to hook them up to the Toneport? If so, which cables would I need (the MS16s didn't come with any connecting cables, only the lead to connect the speakers themselves to each other).

Thanks for any advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Heidstrom View Post
    So would the best option be to hook them up to the Toneport? If so, which cables would I need (the MS16s didn't come with any connecting cables, only the lead to connect the speakers themselves to each other).
    So I looked into this and there's not much use for using the Toneport. The reason folks recommend using an audio interface is so you're not using a powered signal from a headphone output. (like what's available on the Toneport) So using the headphone out on the Toneport kinda defeats the purpose. MS16s can use an 1/8" input or Stereo RCA.

If it were me, I'd pick up one of these: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...udio-interface

It's cheap, and you'll get a much better sound out of your speakers. =) Then you can just use some short RCA cables (which you may have around your house already from that old VCR somewhere.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton