You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X32 Mix issue

X32 Mix issue

So I spent some time with the new version 2 of the X32 Mix app. I did a little routing, some labeling, then a couple of days later 2.1 came out. I updated ..... and all my previous work was lost and it was back to base setup

Not too big a deal since I hadn't spent much time on it.

Now, I spent a little more time setting up DCA's, some basic levels, stereo pairs, IEM mix setup ..... then this morning ..... it is all gone again.

Anyone else had this issue?

Also, how can I move a show file from my PC (using X32 Edit to create the show) to my iPad mini and use it on X32 Mix?

The app doesn't store scenes/fx onto your ipad. It reads them from your x32. It is not an offline editor!

This means that any changes you make on your ipad needs to be stored directly onto your x32.
    Last edited by Robert Lofgren; 08-03-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bolt View Post
    Also, how can I move a show file from my PC (using X32 Edit to create the show) to my iPad mini and use it on X32 Mix?
    Set up the show in X32Edit and then sync the show PC->Console Your iPad should sync the settings after it connects to the X32.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Monroe View Post
    Set up the show in X32Edit and then sync the show PC->Console Your iPad should sync the settings after it connects to the X32.
    That explains it then.

I don't yet own an X32 .... but the word is that the Rack and Producer are rolling down the production line and that the Rack is headed for stores ..... and therefore headed for my music room

I do have a basic setup created with X32 Edit saved locally. I will just use the PC as my repository and backup then. It is my intent to record our gigs and practices with Reaper on a laptop anyway.

When the iPad app syncs, it should then get the entire show file correct?

When the iPad app syncs, it should then get the entire show file correct?
    That's right.^_^
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lofgren View Post
    The app doesn't store scenes/fx onto your ipad. It reads them from your x32. It is not an offline editor!

This means that any changes you make on your ipad needs to be stored directly onto your x32.
    You've gotta be kidding. And I was almost convinced last week to go out and buy an iPad. I think I'll stick with my small laptop with the X32-Edit for now.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    And I was almost convinced last week to go out and buy an iPad.
    And just think, if you wait 6 months(ish) you can spend the same amount of money and get 3 android devices to use!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Monroe View Post
    And just think, if you wait 6 months(ish) you can spend the same amount of money and get 3 android devices to use!
    "Great minds think alike...". That was my exact thinking, Brian.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    "Great minds think alike...". That was my exact thinking, Brian.

Paul
    Mine too, but my pocket book currently exceeds my patients I also purchased a mic stand for my Mini. Just waiting for the Rack now

Its called GAS, Scott - Gear Acquisition Syndrome. When I tell my wife I have GAS, she now knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast