You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: How do I make a Behringer iAxe Metalien 626 USB guitar work in Gutiar Rig 5?

How do I make a Behringer iAxe Metalien 626 USB guitar work in Gutiar Rig 5?

Hi everyone! I recently purchased an old Behringer iAxe Metalien 629 usb guitar. I have been trying to make it work on NI's Guitar Rig 5 and Magix's Music Maker via USB to no avail. Any tips?

Ruel, what OS are you running and what version? That should help us start to narrow it down. =)
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Monroe View Post
    Ruel, what OS are you running and what version? That should help us start to narrow it down. =)
    Thank you for your reply!

I have a Dell Inpiron E1705 laptop running Windows XP. It has 4gb RAM and a recently upgraded core to a T7200.

I believe I have a windows settings issue. Guitar Rig 5 can detect the sound from my guitar but no sound comes out.

Here is a snapshot of my settings:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...1375551845.jpg

Update...

I plugged headphones into the usb interface and I can hear it. How can I make it work through the computer's speakers?

Check either the Guitar Rig 5 settings or the ASIO router settings, it should be in one or the other.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Ruel,

what you are trying to achieve is not that easy on a PC as Windows does not allow to use multiple soundcards via ASIO, in your case the iAXE and your computer's soundcard. So normally you will rather use the soundcard within the iAXE only and use headphones, especially in low-latency ASIO mode.

You may do the following:
    - connect the iAXE to a different USB port of the one on which you installed our ASIO driver
    - install ASIO4All
    - Select the outputs of your computer and the inputs of "USB Audio device"
    - choose ASIO4All as your driver in Guitar Rig 5