You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: 2nd X32 via S16 stage box

Question 2nd X32 via S16 stage box

Hi guys,
    On one of the webinars it has been told that you can NOT link a 2nd X32 to the AES50B output of a S16 stage box. Instead you need an extra RJ45 cable to the 1st X32 master conole.
    So cable1 from X32-1 AES50a to S16 AES50a and cable 2 from X32-1 AES50b to X32-2 AES50a
    Can some explain why it is technically not possible to link the 2nd X32 via the S16 AES50B box
    thanks

Super Moderator
    Dear Henk,
    You are correct that in order to do a digital split to a second X32, a direct connection must be made between the consoles. This is because the AES50(B) port on the S16 was designed solely for linking to additional S16s. As the Webinar points out, this leaves you with two choices for connecting an additional console. You can connect the monitor console to the S16s and run a cable out of its AES50(B) port to the FOH console, or you can connect the FOH console directly to the S16s and run a cable out of its AES50(B) port to the Monitor position. Whichever console is directly connected to the S16s will have gain control while the other console has a + or - 12dB digital trim.
    Best,
    John DiNicola
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

John,

I know that this might sound a little weird but can two X32 consoles can be connected together using the AES50 ports without using digital snakes? . . . or does the AES50(B) port on the "master" console simply repeat the bus?

Thanks John, you helped me a lot with all the questions

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Martin View Post
    John,

I know that this might sound a little weird but can two X32 consoles can be connected together using the AES50 ports without using digital snakes? . . . or does the AES50(B) port on the "master" console simply repeat the bus?
    My understanding is yes.

Super Moderator
    Dear Anthony,
    Marc is correct that you can connect X32s together for a digital split without S16 digital snakes. If you need instructions for this let us know here or send me a PM and I'd be happy to help.
    Best,
    John DiNicola
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER