You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: P16 Muting

P16 Muting

Is there any way to mute "direct out sends" to the P16 from the X32 console? A reoccurring problem I have is people unplugging instruments before I can get to the stage and shut down the monitor system after a set. Even with the X32 channels muted, the mute function is after the "direct out" send to the P16, so anything happening on stage is still live in the monitors. The only solution I can think of is to create a post set scene that has the P16 direct out signals routed to "OFF". This at least kills the feed to the P16 but I don't see this as an optimal solution. Any help appreciated!!!

Hi James,

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm so busy with the X32 section, I keep forgetting to check the HOW section. Welcome to the forum, by the way.

The only way I can see to mute the direct outs to the P16 is make each of the taps post-fader, since the mutes are between pre-fader and post-fader, according to the block diagram. But that creates another problem in that when you mix to the FOH, you adjust the musician mix, which defeats the whole purpose of the P16 personal mixing platform.

We have 6 P16's setup for our church and don't have this problem. The keyboards are never unplugged, and the guitars usually have pedals, etc. that seem to eliminate the popping. For the bass guitar, we have a special cable with a resistor built into the one end which stops the popping. I'd have to take the cover off to see what the value is, etc.

Hope that helps.

Paul