You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Clicks on 2track USB recordings

Clicks on 2track USB recordings

I have made a number of recordings direct to usb and when editing noticed that sometimes when i press a button on the desk it put an audible click on the recording. The analogue outs are clean.

Anyone else notice this

Brendon

Try using different USB drives. I was using cheap "freebie" sticks and had the audible clicks, although I don't know if they were related to button pushes on the console. I bought good quality Sandisk sticks and haven't had a problem since.

Good luck - Mike

Super User
    Hi Brendon,

I haven't had any problems with the USB sticks so far. Usually clicking on a computer (DAW) is a symptom of latency issues, which could be CPU overload, drive speed, defragmentation, etc. But none of that pertains to USB stick plugged into the X32 USB port. So what Mike mentioned makes sense.

Paul

Thanks Mike and Paul. I try that. Otherwise if it is still happening i will try to track down if it is any particular buttons. Also noticed if i press the view button on the usb recorder while it is recording it can take 15 to 20 seconds to open the recorder screen. Is this normal.

Brendon

Super User
    No that is not normal. It may be that the console is having problems with that USB stick and is trying to read it before opening up the screen. If that is the case, try another USB stick.

Paul

No, 15 - 20 sec's is not normal to access the USB page.

FYI, on the first console I got, the USB recorder was DOA. Music played fine, it created a new track and showed it was recording, but it just didn't record any audio. After some back and forth with Tech support, on their suggestion I exchanged the console, and the 2nd one worked fine. Maybe there are some issues with the USB section we don't know about?

Super Moderator
    Hi Brandon,
    If you continue to have issues with the USB Recorder after trying the suggestions here, contact our CARE department so we can help get this figured out. I am sending you a PM with contact details.
    Best,
    John DiNicola
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

Super Moderator
    Dear Brendon,
    If you continue to have issues with the USB Recorder after trying the suggestions here, contact our CARE department so we can help get this figured out. I am sending you a PM with contact details.
    Best,
    John DiNicola
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

Thanks John
    I have passed this info on to the enginear at the venue and sugested he uses a hard drive and to let me know.

Mike. We also found this initialy but discovered that it only happened if the stick was pluged into a mac. We would have to reformat on a pc for it to work again.

However this has all been with the same stick so it could all be a faulty stick.

Thanks all.
    Brendon