You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: How to get LR output to a second X32 that's link AES50 with an FOH X32

How to get LR output to a second X32 that's link AES50 with an FOH X32

I'm using two X32. One for FOH and One for Monitors and they are link via AES50 without a stage box.
    Is it possible to get my LR mix from the FOH X32 via AES50 to come out of the 15-16 outputs of the monitor X32?

Super User
    Hi Rene,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes you can. But you will end up using one of the 8-bank input on the Monitor X32 to do that. At least that is the only way I can see to do it. Unfortunately I don't have 2 X32 to experiment to find an easier way.

From the FOH X32, (I assume you have the Cat5/6 cable plugged into AES50-A port. If its in AES50-B, adjust the instructions appropriately) go to the Routing AES50-a screen and select Local 9-16 for one of the banks (if you're not using the P16's I'd suggest you use one of the last 2 banks).

From the Monitor X32 (again I assume you have the Cat5/6 cable plugged into AES50-A port), go to the Routing, home and choose one of the input banks (eg. Input 25-32) and select that AES50 bank of 8 you assigned at FOH (eg. AES50 A33-40). Then go to the Analog out screen and assign the Output 15/16 to the last 2 channels of that input bank (eg. DirOut Ch 31/32).

If there is a more direct way of sending it from FOH to monitor X32 without wasting an 8-bank of inputs, someone else is going to have to chime in with their wisdom.

Paul

Super Moderator
    Hi René,
    To do this without using a bank of 8 inputs on the Monitor console, you can utilize the Aux 1-4 inputs on the Monitor console. Here is how (This example assumes that you are connecting the consoles using AES50(A) ports):

On the FOH Console:
    On the AES50(A) out page of the ROUTING menu: Choose "Out 1-8" for the Outputs 1-8. Then go to the "analog out" page of the ROUTING menu and assign Main L to Output 1 and Main R to Output 2. Now your MAIN LR signal is going to the MON console via AES50 1-2.

On the MON Console:
    On the "home" page of the ROUTING menu, in the last column labeled AUX In 1-4 choose the AES50(A) 1-4 option.
    On the "analog out" page of the ROUTING menu, assign Dir Out Aux 1 & Dir Out Aux 2 to the desired XLR outputs.

Hope it helps!
    Best,
    John DiNicola
    Manager, Channel Marketing
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

Thank You VERY much, I'll try it this wenkend!