You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I cant understand Behringers ways of thinking.

Thanks Paul. Was beginning to feel a bit alone out there lol

As Red Green always said "I'm pullin' for ya. We're all in this together."

Paul

You're not alone .....I'm pullin' with you, here from Denmark !

Quote Originally Posted by David Thomson View Post
    He loved the desk, but has changed his mind "due to lack of behringer listening to the customer and not fixing issues with firmware from over 5 months ago".
    I wonder what mixer he is going to buy then, because I think anyone will be hard pressed to find a single product out there that is better supported in terms of firmware updates.
    Of course there are things that are not yet implemented, some wishes that very few are behind, wishes that are based on misunderstanding, lack of insight, unwillingness to do things slightly different than what one is used to and so on.
    Behringer has to be careful not to create an inconsistent mess of little add-ons here and there that renders the console confusing and less user friendly, and they also have to prioritize, so there are little details that might take longer if they appear at all.
    I'm one of the naggers, there are many things I want changed or added, but I'm only 0.003% of the user base, so obviously.....

If customers are not buying, then I can bet Behringer will drop support like a lead weight.
    That of course is pure speculation on your side, but there will obviously be a time when the product is stable and too old for further updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Per Sovik View Post
    Of course there are things that are not yet implemented, some wishes that very few are behind, wishes that are based on misunderstanding, lack of insight, unwillingness to do things slightly different than what one is used to and so on.
    Hi Per,

I would agree with you to a point. There are a number of recommendations and "gotta have" mentioned on this forum that are related to what you mentioned above. Sometimes we need to take a step back and re-think the way we do things and adjust to the current technology at hand.

But, you have to admit that we have been spoiled by Behringer in the fact that they set the bar, so to speak, back last fall, where firmware updates were coming out every couple of weeks. These were addressing, not only bug fixes, but also many of the wish-list items, even things we hadn't thought of. New apps were appearing for more and more platforms and updated frequently. News of upcoming new hardware and features were being provided. You couldn't help but be excited as to what the future was to hold with this X32 platform. Communications back and forth was simply amazing IMHO.

Then came the end of February. It almost feels like the 400 silent years between the Old and New Testament. Granted, I know they are in the middle of launching a vast amount of new hardware for the X32 platform. And it is vitally important that they spend the extra effort to get it right at the onset. There have been a few minor changes. But the stark contrast from what it was to what it is with regards to communications, updates, etc, and the wait for the new hardware, is starting to be difficult to take.

Here is hoping that we can get back to what we had before, and soon - getting spoiled by Behringer.

Paul

I do not undestand why Behringer (and others) are not more open... Why don't they tell the public (us) what they are planing of future features and feature changes .... and if they down the road find that they have "promised" too much - tell the reason...

The "feature request and issue-reporting" thread never gets any comments as to feature requests (recently at least) That way the number of requests probably equals 8 times the total DSP of the X32 - I think it would be far better with a sticky thread from Behringer where they tell what they are working on - and what they are NOT working on... I can see reasons NOT to publish new features that could give a further competitive advantages, but most requests is "details" that may be important to existing users but not others. It would cost so little and would give so much back.

I for one would love to know IF Behringer is working on a resizeable window in X32-Edit.... If not I might want to buy a dedicated PC just for that - but IF they are working on it I'll just wait - that is just an example

Also - having this forum - why do we see Uli posting on Soundforums.net all the time but "never" here (havn't found any posts by Uli)

As a MAC user I laughed long and hard when I read that I would have to update a MAC issue with a Windows-PC. I do not own ANYTHING Windows - but run with Firewire so I do not need this update. .... But Behringer... Come on....

Take e look here: http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/
    Several months before "action" ... Millions of fans know what is coming

Thanks everyone for helping to support this problem.

Dave

Hi Per -- he ended up with an Allen and Heath, im sure he said the GLD80. Will be seeing him later this week, will find out then.

Re the bottom bit about dropping support. If there are no customers buying the unit, there will be no money to fund future development / updates / fixes, so im sure they would allocate they resources to somewhere that IS making money. You know what past behringer equipment has been like for getting criticism resulting in people spending their money elsewhere (albeit on more expensive kit that does less than the behringer) - if this product starts to get a bad name, you can bet it will be shot down all over the internet by the Behringer hate crowd. Im not one of these people. My live kit and studio is full of behringer equipment for the past 12 years, and the only problems i have ever had is with one of their truth monitors (bad PCB builds), and now support for the X32. Everything else has just worked first time, everytime, even under high use poor conditions, it never failed. I just dont want this desk to get a bad rep due to lack of support, and then fade into history. Its an excellent piece of kit, that being honest has blown some of my more expensive kit right out of the water. I get comments from everyone about my amazing sound thanks to the desk. It makes my workload a hell of a lot easier as well. I dont want to lose this luxury, but cant help feeling that its going to happen unless Behringer return to their excited keenness of just under a year ago

Thanks

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Per Sovik View Post
    I wonder what mixer he is going to buy then, because I think anyone will be hard pressed to find a single product out there that is better supported in terms of firmware updates.
    Behringer has to be careful not to create an inconsistent mess of little add-ons here and there that renders the console confusing and less user friendly, and they also have to prioritize, so there are little details that might take longer if they appear at all.
    I'm one of the naggers, there are many things I want changed or added, but I'm only 0.003% of the user base, so obviously.....

That of course is pure speculation on your side, but there will obviously be a time when the product is stable and too old for further updates.

Hey everyone,

I just had a conversation with someone at Behringer. I think we may have worked out a mechanism to field some of these issues before they get blown up, so to speak. So I think there may be a turning point in all of this. One of the things I love about this forum is the ability to be frank about issues, good and bad, and be able to work them through to a positive outcome. It is far better than other forums where it is so "sanitized", it is nigh useless.

I have to take the cat to the vet. When I get back, I'm hoping to work on this further. Stay tuned.

Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast