You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: iS202 Playthrough Not Working?

iS202 Playthrough Not Working?

I've been testing my newly-bought iS202 with my iPad, and I think something isn't right. When I plug the output of a line-level device into any of the inputs on the back of the device, I hear no sound. I assumed that there was hardware playthrough, and that the Monitor knob balanced the passed-through sound from the inputs and and iPad audio output. This doesn't seem to be the case with my unit. I can actually hear a very faint sound from the input, but it's Very quiet, and adjusting the input trim and/or pressing the '+12' button makes no difference to the volume. Is this normal, or do I have a faulty unit?

a|x

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Alex,

please have a look into the Quickstart Guide:
    http://www.behringer.com/assets/iS202_QSG_WW.pdf

On page 12 you will find the explanations for your problems.

For the playthrough, did you turn up the volume of the AUX inputs?

The +12 button does not add 12 dB but activates the 12V phantom power for condenser microphones.

Hi,
    Hi Michael,

thanks for getting back to me. I must admit, I hadn't read through the relevant pages of the Quickstart guide. However, having now done so, I'm still convinced there's a fault with my unit.

I've tried all the front panel knobs and all inputs, and all I get is a very quiet signal with a line-level input plugged into the XLR inputs. Nothing at all from the phono inputs. The level of this signal from inputs 1 and 2 can be adjusted using the 1 and 2 input level knobs, but only from very quiet at the maximum setting, to nothing at the minimum value.

The Monitor knob appears to do nothing. I get the output of my iPad at maximum volume, whatever the setting of the Monitor knob.

Can you confirm that this is not as it should be?

a|x

Would be nice to have a reply to this, as obviously I need to send the item back if it's faulty.

Cheers,

a|x

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Alex,

what signal do you want to record? A line level signal or a phono signal?

For Line Level signals you may connect them to the XLR inputs or the RCA inputs. Please make sure that the button 5 (as numbered in the overview in the manual) is not pressed.

For phono sources you have to connect it to the RCA inputs and press button 5.

Hi Michael.

This is frustrating... I don't think you're understanding my question, or are not properly reading the information above.

Can you please tell me if I should be able to hear a strong signal with a line level input plugged into either of the XLR inputs on the back of the device, the relevant gain knob for that channel turned up and the Monitor knob set to the minimum '1/2/Aux' value? I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

As stated above, this is not currently happening, and the Monitor knob has no effect on the output from the Main output. Is this how it's supposed to work?

a|x

Hi again Michael,

I think I've found the answer myself. Re-reading the Quickstart guide, it seems that hardware play-through is only routed to the headphone output, not to the main outputs. Seems like an odd design decision, but if that's the way it's been designed, my unit may be working as it should. I will test it as soon as I get home (at work at the moment).

a|x