You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: 1002B Battery question

1002B Battery question

Just bought the 1002B mixer and want to use it both on batteries and mains power. So wondering if the batteries can be left in place when connecting the mixer to the mains voltage? Or do they have to be removed before plugging into the mains please?
    Thanks
    Peter

Ben Obee
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Phelan View Post
    Just bought the 1002B mixer and want to use it both on batteries and mains power. So wondering if the batteries can be left in place when connecting the mixer to the mains voltage? Or do they have to be removed before plugging into the mains please?
    Thanks
    Peter
    Hi Peter,

This should be okay to do. I would imagine that the batteries would run at the same time and would just wear out during use. That being said we are inquiring with the engineers to get you a more definitive answer.

Hi Ben,
    Ok thanks for that and look forward to hearing on this further in due course. Meanwhile, I am actually removing the batteries to be on the safe side.
    One other point is, do you know what the thread is on the little screw that holds the battery retaining plate in position please? I have seen comments on how easy it is to loose this little screw, so I am considering replacing it with a screw that has a proper flat head on it that could be easily turned by hand. Obviously it needs to not protrude downwards too much to avoid hitting the surface upon which the unit is placed.

I am surprised Behringer has not done something like this themselves; it seems crazy to have to have to use a tiny little screw driver for this and then take care not to loose the tiny little screw! Imaging trying to do this on location or in a darkened room recording a live event. So at worst I would like to know what the screw pitch is, so that i can buy some spares.
    Thanks
    Peter

Ben Obee
    Hi Peter,

I received word back from our technicians and they say it won't be a problem. If you replace the screw with another one that protrudes you could always by some large rubber feet for it so it doesn't sit flush.

As far as the size of the screw I don't have that information off hand but I would suggest bringing it to a hardware shop just to make sure you're getting the right one. Or you could make some kind of velcro strap made perhaps.

Hi again Ben
    Thanks for that. I just found some 300 mh rechargeable 9v batteries- unlike the 170 mh ones that seem to be the norm, so plan on getting three of those to help usage time on batteries; especially when using phantom power.

As for the screw, yes I can do that; my guess is it will be a metric thread. I just wondered if that info was easily available. I do not think it will be necessary to replace the feet, I am sure I can make up something that will be of a low enough profile.

Thanks again for your help. I am using the mixer in an audio video context; DSLR video work (separate audio, synced later in post) both in the studio and on location, together with my Vidblaster software for live and video on demand content.

With kind regards,
    Peter

Fiona Hammond
    Hi Peter,

1002B battery compartment screw specs as follows:

M3 thread
    6mm length
    F88-30060-30297
    SCREW;M3mm*6mm
    HEAD:PAN
    INSERT:PHILLIPS REC.
    SURFACE:BLACK/ZINC