You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: Using X32 Compact as Control Surface for DAW (with 16 faders simultaneous)?

Using X32 Compact as Control Surface for DAW (with 16 faders simultaneous)?

I wonder that if I can program and reassign almost anything of the X32, if it would be possible to reassign the 8 faders for Group/Bus banks to also act as 8 additional regular (input) faders for a DAW. This way you could have control for 16 channels simultaneous (8 Input Channel banks faders + 8 Group/Bus bank faders) to control your volumes on your DAW, without need to switch banks from 1-8 to 9-16.

Why I'm asking: I currently use the well known Emagic/Mackie Logic Control with the 8 fader base unit and the 8 fader extension (Logic Control XT), having a total of 16 channels. And since the Compact also have 16 (well, 17) faders I thought, maybe it is possible to reassign the "other" 8 channels also to act as volume channel faders, without to switch banks.
    This is for Studio/DAW control use only - not Live or recording, of course.

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Axel,

this is not possible.

Dear Michael,

Mist, but it would have been great .....maybe something to consider in one of the next firmware release
    Thanks for the reply anyway. I almost thought that it wouldn't work. But you never know until you ask and get the reply

kind regards
    -Axel-

We have been told that this functionality will come in a later firmware version (at least for the standard x32).

This would be highly appreciated! It would be a shame having 17 (compact) or 25 (X32) Faders and not beeing able to use all of them when in DAW control mode.