You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: X32 Iphone App Problem

Angry X32 Iphone App Problem

Hi,
    Running a musical with a 4 piece band and IEM, not through the p16, just an off board system we already had in house. Just gave my band the links to control their monitor mix bus and the love it. However every time they start the app it defaults to the first bus, which happens to be the vocal bus. THIS IS BAD! Fortunately I didn't safe recall sends to mix bus 1 so when i load the scenes it keeps the setup the way i want it. The app NEEDS to be mix bus lockable, that is, you set it up to mix the bus that you assign, and some complicated way of changing it. Rehearsal today was almost a feedback nightmare as the guitarist decided he wanted more vocals from 2 of our singers and cranked them in the bus that he thought was his when he connected.

If there is a way to lock this that i don't know about please tell me but the way it stands right now i've taken the app away from them and have a crew member near them in rehearsal using the ipad and always telling me when a change is going to occur. I love the function, it just needs a bit more security.

PS, dos the iphone app run on an ipad2? that could also help just visually since it might be larger to see that you are not on the right mix.

Thanks,
    Luke

From what my Apple toting friends tell me, the XiControl does work on iPad.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Sure does!
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

Hi Luc

There is another option, using TouchOSC, if you want basic mixing, and limit it to a specific mixbus. The app is for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad and Android. There have been a few of us Androit users who have made layouts to do just that. It isn't as polished as the XiControl by any means. But it is easy to use and easy to make the layouts with the free layout editor.

Paul

Thanks for letting me know about it on ipad, And i know about the touchosc, I am and android user myself but i feel that it should be an option for the app itself. That being said, I haven't used touch osc, as i know nothing about osc really, as this is the first digital sound console( not counting the 01v) i've ever used, and i don't do studio work. I would love to get a copy of a layout that might work on an asus transformer, or a great link to resources that i could use. Thanks guys

Luke

"A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

A problem we get is when entering an IP address, it is a coma instaed of a dot so it does not work.
    I have to write the address in another app, copy this address and then paste it at the right place. Then it is working...

Quote Originally Posted by René Légaré View Post
    A problem we get is when entering an IP address, it is a coma instaed of a dot so it does not work.
    I have to write the address in another app, copy this address and then paste it at the right place. Then it is working...
    Doesn't happen on mine.

Could this be a french canadian keyboard mapping issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Dean View Post
    Doesn't happen on mine.

Could this be a french canadian keyboard mapping issue?
    Ah maybe that's our problem... but only the number keyboard appears....

Thank you anyway...

Same problem on german keyboard. The dialog for editing th ip address will not wor for any language setting which do not use the point '.' as decimal seperator. And this happens to a german company