You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: how to get sound from my behringer x1622usb to my laptop

Exclamation how to get sound from my behringer x1622usb to my laptop

ok,i've got several questions.
    i'll try to explain as brief as possible.

1st question--> how to get sound from behringer to my laptop?

i've managed this far,guitar to amp,amp to behringer(channel 1,line in)...when i use my headphones on behringer i get sound(have to crank the volumes all the way up to get a somewhat decent volume though)but that aside,then
    i use a red white cable from behringer(2track/usb output) to my mic input on my laptop.which does absolutly nothing.how do i get sound through my laptop speakers?

2nd question-->i've created some fruity loop songs which i imported to adobe audition cs6,and i'd like to be able to record some riffs with adobe to mix with the fl wav files.(this will probably sort itself if some one clears the first question)

3)the usb output(behringer)to usb input laptop does what exactly?

my eternal thanks goes out to the person(s) that helps me out.

Super User
    Hi ides,

Welcome to the forum. I'll try and help in the short time that I have right now. Others will probably chime in and give more details. Feel free to ask more questions until it gets sorted out for you.

If you choose to link the mixer to the laptop through the 2track, make sure you are plugged into the output, not the input. This output is parallel to the main output, meaning the Main Mix set of faders have to be up toward the 0db. Also, the channel you want to send out has to have the Main button pushed. If so, you should be seeing a pair of signals in the main VU meters. I personally wouldn't use those RCA outputs, since they tend to be less signal strength and quality. Either use the main XLR (back) or 1/4" (top right) or use the USB, which give you the same signal to the laptop.

Paul

What kind of Guitar are you using?

Most guitars are passive and the output is mic level, You may need to crank the gain(trim) to get an appropriate level or use a preamp. (like from an effects pedal or amp)

If it's an acoustic, check your battery (normally a 9v)
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

ok,guitar to pedal,pedal to amp,amp to behringer,and indeed,when using headphone on x1622,the volume is more then decent.got the usb cable connected to my laptop...no sound.hmm...am i overlooking the obvious here?
    i'm using an ibanez electric guitar.

got the usb connected.now i probably have to download the right driver,and change some settings here and there.i'm ready for some guidance.
    i'm working on windows 7.

So you can record directly into fruity loops if that's what you're already using. (I would look into their website on how to do it)

But if you're using your amp, may I recommend my favorite recording technique for guitars? Mic the back of the cab. I use a mic right of the edge of the back of the cone, pointed slightly toward the center. If you have two mics place another one pointed at the center of the cone in the front of the amp about a foot away.

But that's just my favorite flavor. =)
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Super User
    Hi ides,

Yes you would need to install the USB drivers. I had to do some digging to find them. Under the Support section of the Behringer site, choose the XENYX/U-Control Downloads, go down the list a bit to find the 32 bit or 64 bit drivers.

Paul