You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording more than two tracks at the same time...

I just checked and looks like our board is reported to work.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Super User
    Thanks Brian, I'll check that out

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by John DiNicola View Post
    Dear Jos ,
    Our new UFX series of mixers will support multitrack recording to a computer via USB or Firewire, as well as multitrack direct to USB Stick / Hard drive. The series comes in two versions, the UFX1204 (4 Mic + 4 Stereo Line) and the UFX1604 (8 Mic + 4 Stereo Line). They have just started shipping from our factory, so we hope to see them in stores soon.

More information:
    UFX1204: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UFX1204.aspx
    UFX1604: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UFX1604.aspx

Hope it helps!
    Oh, that's great! Thank you, John.

Is it me not comprehending the brochure, or these don't have the Midas/Klark-Teknik technology present in the Xenix QX Series?
    Last edited by Jos Miguel Bloise; 07-05-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Super User
    Hi Jose,

You are correct. Those mixers use the Xenix preamps which have been around for a few years now. Behringer is just starting to launch multiple products in the next few months with the Midas preamps.

Paul

Thank you, Paul.

Looks like I'll have to wait a little bit longer for the right product for my needs to come out.

Oh, well... as they say: Rome was NOT built in a single day.

Quote Originally Posted by John DiNicola View Post
    Dear Jos ,
    Our new UFX series of mixers will support multitrack recording to a computer via USB or Firewire, as well as multitrack direct to USB Stick / Hard drive. The series comes in two versions, the UFX1204 (4 Mic + 4 Stereo Line) and the UFX1604 (8 Mic + 4 Stereo Line). They have just started shipping from our factory, so we hope to see them in stores soon.

More information:
    UFX1204: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UFX1204.aspx
    UFX1604: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UFX1604.aspx

Hope it helps!
    Hi John,

The video's done on the x32 are fantastic. Unfortunately, it's currently out of the budget for the band I work with. However, we are very interested in the 1204 and 1604 UFX models. I appreciate the replies & posts you have sent to audio forums regarding the release information on the UFX1204 and 1604. For this series, I'd love to see videos similar to the x32 which detail their full capability. I have a few questions which remain unanswered after reading the manuals & viewing video on-line.

Behringer's manual was very clear on needing MAC OS X or Windows XP. However, hardware requirements for processing power and RAM were not given. There were also several other questions I had due to a lack of information from my reading and viewing.

Background (if needed):
    I have a 1.6 GHZ Centrino laptop with Firewire (not being used for a thing) & a Quad Core 2.6 GHZ laptop, but it has no Firewire connection. I'd rather not add a firewire laptop to our overall expense. Thus, the delta in technology left me asking the following:

• What hardware requirements are expected on FW and USB transfer to track 4, 6, 12 or all 16 channels to the software DAW?
    • What are the requirements / brand compatibility for direct multi-trackng to the the USB drive / stick?
    • Can we hear / download samples recorded direct to the USB Drive / Stick? Maybe single and multiple channels together?
    • What is the file / folder structure / naming convention used for the files recorded to the USB Drive or Stick?
    • If using 8 channels of audio, can we send 8 to the USB Drive / Stick with eq / effects, and the other 8 channels
      without eq / effects; for a total of 16 tracks to the USB direct recording feature?
    • Can you send audio direct to the USB Drive while also sending to a sofware DAW? It appears it's one or the
      other based on the STAND ALONE switch, but I just want to double check.

Best regards,

David

Does anyone know if the UFX1604 or UFX1204 will work with an iPad? That is, connect via USB and Camera Connection Kit to the iPad, and record multiple tracks into a DAW app such as Auria?

It should still be a "Coming Soon" because as it is now, it's a dog. I own a 1604 and I highly regret the purchase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12