You are here: Home » Forum
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: X32 Rack release in June?

Super User
    After re-reading these posts, I realized that our setup (Scott, Lars and Per) seems to be very similar. It reminds me of the old saying "Great minds think alike... fools seldom differ". I remember saying I would never use powered speakers - until I borrowed a couple of powered 12" from a buddy. Now with the Rack in the forecast, I'm beginning to migrate over. I'm picking up the Carvin 18" powered sub from the ferry (that crosses between Mich and Ont) that I just purchased, and send that amp that died last weekend back to Carvin for repair.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    After re-reading these posts, I realized that our setup (Scott, Lars and Per) seems to be very similar. It reminds me of the old saying "Great minds think alike... fools seldom differ". I remember saying I would never use powered speakers - until I borrowed a couple of powered 12" from a buddy. Now with the Rack in the forecast, I'm beginning to migrate over. I'm picking up the Carvin 18" powered sub from the ferry (that crosses between Mich and Ont) that I just purchased, and send that amp that died last weekend back to Carvin for repair.

Paul
    It used to take me around 2 hours to carry in and setup. Of course, I had 15" passive tops and 18" folded horns with an amp rack and tons of other asundry crap back then. I guess it was a good learning experience figuring out how to setup a digital cross-over (DriveRack PA) and a full PA system, but my powered speakers sound fantastic and any idiot could make them sound good just by plugging them in

I figure I can put the rack face down with one cover still on and have very easy access to the XLR inputs of the X32 rack. Does anyone have any helpful advice on how to mark the back plate of the X32 for input labels?

Finally, only 6 days remaining in July. I am looking forward to hearing about shipping X32 Racks!

Ok, I don't know why I do this to myself ....

Just visited the Behringer Facebook page and read this:

The X32 Rack and Producer should both be shipping in August. We estimate widespread availability around Sept/Oct.
    Ok, so first it was June ..... then July ...... now August?

As an engineer, I guess I would rather that Behringer get it right than to put it out with issues.

....Unhappy face .....

Yeah, I'm ok with shipping software with known bugs since updating them is easy, but hardware really is something you want them to get right the first time.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Super User
    Great news! The "Coming Soon" has disappeared from the X32 Rack page

Paul

It actually now says "BUY NOW!".

Non of the big online stores in Europe have them yet, there is no announcement of price either

Super User
    Uli just posted this morning over at soundforums.net that the X32 Rack were "leaving the plant right now". So we can expect to get our hands on them probably mid-September. Bill and Scott, you can now start counting your sleeps

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Uli just posted this morning over at soundforums.net that the X32 Rack were "leaving the plant right now". So we can expect to get our hands on them probably mid-September. Bill and Scott, you can now start counting your sleeps

Paul
    Woot!

Likely still another 2 months before I will have one I suspect I just wouldn't feel right about taking either you or Bill's units

Super User
    I would suspect, Scott that we will end up getting it about the same time. I know Bill desperately needs it for the end of Sept, and you and I desperately want it.

Paul

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast