You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Behringer wireless microphone systems - frequency changes ?

Behringer wireless microphone systems - frequency changes ?

Good afternoon from sunny Melbourne, Australia
    We are going the way of the USA and parts of Europe in that we will in about 18 months not be allowed to use wireless mics unless they are in the 520mhz to 690 mhz band

As this has already happened in the USA and parts of Europe already, will Behringer be releasing new producta in this new band ?

I have 4 existing UL200m's that I love and would like to be ale to have new behringer gear into the future

Thanks in advance
    michael

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum. I thought that ban was on sales, not usage, at least in the US. Here in Canada, we don't have that ban, but stay away from the 700 and 800Mhz bands, because of interference issues. Switching over to the 600Mhz solved our problem so far.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum. I thought that ban was on sales, not usage, at least in the US. Here in Canada, we don't have that ban, but stay away from the 700 and 800Mhz bands, because of interference issues. Switching over to the 600Mhz solved our problem so far.

Paul
    Here in Australia we will be banned from use from the end of 2014 from 691 mhz upwards which of course is where all of our gear is (over 20 systems used concurrently)

Hopefully Behringer come to the party with new band plan equipment soon.

Cheers
    Michael

That's a bummer, Michael

Paul

Less than year ago I suggested Behringer making a new wireless mic system (http://forum.behringer.com/showthrea...ireless-system)
    The only response I recived (I don't have link to proof that) is that Behringer is not going to release new wireless system except ULM Mics (USB/WiFi freq mics).

Behringer won't expand mics product line - They focus on digital consoles/FOH equipment. That's not cool, but I see their point of view.
    Last edited by Mateusz Ciesiółka; 06-26-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    This post was made in Poland

If they're operating in the same band width I wonder if they could make a bluetooth AES50 device with multiple mics. I don't know if there's enough bandwidth and stability in Bluetooth for CD quality audio like that. It would be pretty cool though. I think Bluetooth chips can have multiple pairing So you would only need one set of antennas. Since it's 802.4 they can just be the normal high gain antennas from Wifi. (or let you replace them with that like on certain routers) which would work fine since it's all digital.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Hey Brian,

I just sent you a PM

Paul