You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X32 Firmware update ?

X32 Firmware update ?

Hi
    Last Firmware-update was 19. february !!!! 4 month ago !!!! Anything soon ???

Keep up the pressure Joern. It's been a long dry spell, eh?

Paul

Very long dry spell Paul -- hope they havent gave up. The updates at the beginning etc were excellent but seem to have tailed off. Is it perhaps a case of the light that shines twice as bright??? I hope they havent backed down the support on the desk.

Hi David,

I'm hoping its only that they are working out all the bugs and kinks of the soon-to-be released Rack and Core and have a good solid firmware update in conjunction to those releases.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Hi David,

I'm hoping its only that they are working out all the bugs and kinks of the soon-to-be released Rack and Core and have a good solid firmware update in conjunction to those releases.

Paul
    I wonder if they're waiting for after the release to resolve issues quickly. For whatever reason, it seems like skipping versions is common as long as it's not an urgent bug fix.

Did you notice that we went from XControl-1.01 to X32-Edit-1.10 ? What happened to the .02 .03 .04 .05.06.07.08.09 versions? I'm pretty sure they were compiled but never released.... but why?

Linux has been my daily OS for a few years now, so I'm use to getting updates (sometimes over 100 a day) and knowing that there's a chance there can be a bug in a newer version. I'm just not sure why they wouldn't release newer versions... hmmm.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Very good question, Brian. Wish someone at Behringer would answer it for both of us.

I guess I should play with Linux more and get use to it. I've been so brainwashed to Windoze since 3.0 - even played around with version 1 on 6 5 1/4" floppies (wasn't impressed), that to rewire my neural thinking takes some work. But I'm very happy to have it as a backup with the X32-Edit. Now if that elusive Rack would only ship...

Paul

heh. I was a 3.1 user myself. Spent a lot of time playing "Tank Wars" hehehe... It was a lot easier for me to "get" what's actually going on in Linux than it ever was for me to understand what the heck Windows was doing, where I had always attributed certain things to just happen automagically. Like .reg files...
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Hopefully Paul, they are also taking on board all the comments in the suggestions thread -- after all, 40 odd pages of requests and bugs is quite extreme for them not to have at least addressed some of them with an interim release. Lets hope when they do release it, we will all be very pleasantly surprised with a whole host of new features and fixes. LOL, perhaps they have put the firmware on standby to put more effort into the android release, due to the overwhelming requests for it LOL, or even better the mp3 playback that they have said wont happen (perhaps thats the delay - they want to surprise us all lol)

Dave

Hey David, I'm all for surprises. I just don't want to wait til Christmas.

Paul

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast