1 14.29%
  • LXDE

1 14.29%
  • XFCE

1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Poll to choose DE for X32 Spin

Poll to choose DE for X32 Spin

Gnome, KDE, LXDE, XFCE? What's your favorite?

EDIT:

In case it wasn't clear, I'm going to make a Linux Spin with all the Berhinger stuff installed and ready to go for X32-Edit and doing some basic multitrack recording. The Desktop we choose doesn't really matter to me, so I thought I'd put it to a vote... hence the poll. =)
    Last edited by Brian Monroe; 06-19-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Clarification. - I was tired...
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Boo... No one has voted... You should vote.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Sorry Brian, (crazy busy)

My vote is for Gnome. I tried KDE first. But it didn't like your package. It also reported that I had a "broken BIOS". So I think there was a problem with that version of KDE. Gnome and the X32-Edit is working just fine, thanks to your install package. Thanks again. Now I have a dual boot Windows Vista Business 6 and Fedora (Gnome) on my HP 2530p laptop. Just waiting for the X32 Rack to be available.

Paul

W00t! Someone else voted! Looks like gnome is on a roll. We'll see what happens when time runs out.

Five more days to vote.

On a side note Fedora Jam became official today.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Monroe View Post
    On a side note Fedora Jam became official today.
    Brian, have you tried that spin yet? I'm tempted to try it, even though it is the KDE Desktop.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Brian, have you tried that spin yet? I'm tempted to try it, even though it is the KDE Desktop.

Paul
    I haven't, but I have it downloaded.

I spent the morning helping our tech install some lighting at the Church, but hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow. =)

Brian,

I went ahead and installed Fedora Jam (after a few glitches) and really like it. But your RPM package failed (unfortunately it didn't give any details, just said it failed). So I simply downloaded the X32-Edit app, assigned the icon and made a link on the desktop (see you can teach an old dog new tricks ).

Paul

Yeah the KDE installer has a bug where it says it fails, but it actually installs anyways. You can also log in as root and run "yum localinstall /path/to/.rpm" which will work as well.