You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: X32 vs assign buttons section

Red face X32 vs assign buttons section

Hi all,

We are a french private high school here near Montréal Canada, we bought few weeks ago X32 and it is a very good buy. I was wondering if in the assign section, we can assign a button that will go a scene up or down when pressing. The only choice I saw was we can select and assign only a specific scene. But it would be great like the Yamaha LS9 or M7CL to assign a button that scene goes up one number and the other button assign button to go down 1 scene number. Thanks ina dvance for answer.

Junior

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Junior,

for this you have the PREV and NEXT buttons under the display in the SCENES section.

Cool

Hi and congratulations on your purchase. Let me make sure that I understand the question that you are asking. You want to be able to start with program 1 for example and then with the push of a single button go to program 2? If that is correct you need to do the following:

1) Go to Setup
    2) Go to Global
    3) Find the 'Confirm Pop-ups' and make sure that the box next to it is clear not orange
    4) Find the 'Scene Go Next' and make sure that the box next to it is clear not orange

Now using the scene change <> arrows you will be able to move from one scene to another without having to confirm the scene change. You would be able to go from scene 10 to 11 or 10 to 9 without a confirmation.

If I misunderstood your initial question and you want to re-map your scene like you can do on a Yamaha. Scene 1 is re-mapped to scene 10, I don't know of a way to do that on the X32.

Hope this helps.

Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

I know about the next and previous button, they are very close of what I wanted but, If you could assign those functions to buttons you won't have to confirm with the GO button. The LS9 or M7Cl have the possibility to assign the next (up) or previous (down) with confirm the go. That is why the assign button is that section is cool for a live show like our school.

Thanks

and by the way, I just love the board, I had few technician from local theatre room and sound engineer who came testing it even if the have the MC7L for their place and they admited that board was great. We even place the M7CL beside the X32 and when we push X32 hard with preamp, it was even better then the Yamaha, we were very surprise but happy at same time. I also use the IPad for sound check on live gig and it has no lag at all for a large room.

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Yeah you have to remember Junior ... How old is that MC7L?

The X32 is VERY NEW and has superior technology.
    Some of the old LS9's are going on 10 years old! That's as ancient as dial up internet connections.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

Smile

Junior, If you follow the 4 steps in my previous post you can use the next & previous buttons and will not have to confirm the scene change.

1) Go to Setup
    2) Go to Global
    3) Find the 'Confirm Pop-ups' and make sure that the box next to it is clear not orange
    4) Find the 'Scene Go Next' and make sure that the box next to it is clear not orange

I used the X32 for Fiddler on the Roof earlier this year with 147 sound cues it worked amazingly well.

Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Michael.Maeurer
    Thanks Bill.

Hi Bill,
    I did everything step by step, everything is not orange and i still have to click go when pressing the previous or next button.

Is there something I missed ?

Thanks

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schnake View Post
    Junior, If you follow the 4 steps in my previous post you can use the next & previous buttons and will not have to confirm the scene change.

1) Go to Setup
    2) Go to Global

I used the X32 for Fiddler on the Roof earlier this year with 147 sound cues it worked amazingly well.

Bill
    In the confirm pop-ups i only have 3 choices,
    general
    overwrite
    scene load

Hi Bill,
    Listen, I did all steps you told me and I still have to press go after pressing previous or next buttons. Is there something else I'm missing.

In the global setup section, I have 3 items to put orange or not:
    1-General
    2-Overwrite
    3- Scene Load

Thanks in advance

Junior