You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Compiled Linux Packages Downloads

Post Compiled Linux Packages Downloads

The following is in the .spec file but I wanted to add this here as well:

This distribution has been created as a public service by Brian Monroe and is not endorsed or supported by MUSIC Group IP Ltd. For the latest software version and access to technical support please visit www.behringer.com. All images, software, trademarks and other intellectual property rights are the property of MUSIC Group IP Ltd. and may not be reproduced or redistributed without its express written permission.
    Packages install a .desktop file, icon, and all .pdf documentation. Spec file is available upon request. Email can be found under the packager information from the .rpm and .deb respectively.

Version 2.2
    Current Stable RPM Package (Fedora, SUSE, RHEL, CentOS, ect)
    Current Stable .deb Package (Debian, Ubuntu, ect.)

I'll keep editing the first post to keep the files current on top.

Post bugs related to the .rpm and .deb packaging in this thread please. If and when a remix happens I'll post that here as well. I'll keep up 2 older versions up in another section in case they are needed.

Previous Packages Can Be Found Here

Quick Reminder: the Linux App is precompiled as i386 and your computer must have X86 support. Some versions of Debian based machines running 64 bit are NOT x86_64 and do not have this support.
    Last edited by Brian Monroe; 08-02-2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Updated Version
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Thanks so much Brian (cheering). Now to blow away Ubuntu and re-install Fedora.

Paul

Added .deb package. It hasn't been tested, but it should work. Let me know of any bugs if you're able to test it.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

sorry for my ignorance but what are these used for?

Hi Aaron,

These packages that Brian has graciously made for us non-linux experts are install packages of the X32-Edit app for the various flavors of linux. For me it has been wonderful to have a dual-boot laptop with Win Vista Business and Fedora. If for some reason Windows craps out (and it has a nasty habit of doing so at the worse possible occasion) I can boot into Fedora and keep mixing with the X32-Edit.

Paul

Yep. Paul is right.

So what behringer gives us is an executable file, but not a complete application. Typically you have to open up Terminal to run it. These packages should pull all the extra stuff that you need installed to actually run the program if you don't have it installed already (aka requirements) instead of trying to guess what they are. It also has a shiny icon and desktop file so it shows up with your other applications in the applications list.

I had written out how to do this by hand but it was like a 22 step process.... now you just double click the download. Much easier to install, much more usable when you do.

New app out! Version 1.20 RPM has been updated. Debian file to follow.

Debian file posted.

So the Debian File has some issues with it. (finally got some peer review) I'm removing the link and using strikethough until it gets fixed or looked at.

Thanks for working on it Brian

Paul

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast