You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Xenyx 502 - OK for the job?

Question Xenyx 502 - OK for the job?

Hello everyone
    I would like to use a Xenyx 502 in the following manner:
    Mic i/p for Voice (singing) and Line i/p for the output of an electric keyboard.
    The o/p of the 502 would be plugged into the Mic i/p of a redundant but powerful old HiFi amplifier connected to equally powerful speakers.
    This temporary set-up is to satisfy the needs of a 14yr old budding rock star niece of mine who wants to perform at her birthday party in 10 days time. She already plays well the electric guitar she had for Christmas and this has it's own reasonable little amplifier.
    This is a short notice thing - so before I order it, will it work?
    Thanks for any advice.

Ben Obee
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty Staddon View Post
    Hello everyone
    I would like to use a Xenyx 502 in the following manner:
    Mic i/p for Voice (singing) and Line i/p for the output of an electric keyboard.
    The o/p of the 502 would be plugged into the Mic i/p of a redundant but powerful old HiFi amplifier connected to equally powerful speakers.
    This temporary set-up is to satisfy the needs of a 14yr old budding rock star niece of mine who wants to perform at her birthday party in 10 days time. She already plays well the electric guitar she had for Christmas and this has it's own reasonable little amplifier.
    This is a short notice thing - so before I order it, will it work?
    Thanks for any advice.
    You can use the 502 in this manor for the input however I would suggest not going into a "mic" input of the device you're using for amplification. The signal may be too "hot". That being said the signal on the HiFi amplifier may have some gain attenuation switch or knob.