You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: Problems with RX1202FX

Problems with RX1202FX

RX1202FX
    I have 2 of them:
    RX1202FX (Serial # N1000158486, Date Code 1001)
    RX1202FX (Serial # S1006617486, Date Code 1012)
    with EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!

Reverb circuit at random time going into some sort of feedback loop and starts making fast clicking noise, Sounds like a metronome set on very high tempo. Switching presets changes sound and tempo of the noise.
    Anybody had the same problem? Any Solutions?

Ben Obee
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge Stodolnik View Post
    RX1202FX
    I have 2 of them:
    RX1202FX (Serial # N1000158486, Date Code 1001)
    RX1202FX (Serial # S1006617486, Date Code 1012)
    with EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!

Reverb circuit at random time going into some sort of feedback loop and starts making fast clicking noise, Sounds like a metronome set on very high tempo. Switching presets changes sound and tempo of the noise.
    Anybody had the same problem? Any Solutions?
    Hi Serge,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with both of these. I've heard this before on a different board with the same DSP PCB. I'm fairly certain that if the DSP PCB is replaced it will solve the issue. But please run it by our CARE department first before you order anything, as you might still be under warranty.

Contact them at CARE@music-group.com

Best Regards,

well...... If there is design problem in the reverb board I would like to know if it ever has been identified and fixed. Replacing the board with the same bug doesn't make much sense.
    Besides if the design is flawed, shouldn't Behringer replace the board whether it is under warranty or not?

well...... If there is design problem in the reverb board I would like to know if it ever has been identified and fixed. Replacing the board with the same bug doesn't make much sense.
    Besides if the design is flawed, shouldn't Behringer replace the board whether it is under warranty or not?
    I have a RX1201FX with the same problem with the FX section. I have other Behringer products and I expected better than this. I need to know what to do to get this repaired. I purchased it largely because of the FX capability and it's rack mount capability. Has anyone had theirs repaired and what was the repair cost?

So! It is already 3 RX1201FX units with the same problem!
    Definitely design flaw.
    Not much can be done about it unless Behringer corrects their blunder. No repair technician can do anything.
    No response so far. I am putting a hold on buying any Behringer products.

Ben Obee
    It's fairly difficult to diagnose what the issue is, and I am by no means claiming that my answer is the definitive answer as far as what is wrong with the unit. Have you contacted our CARE department yet? Generally these have a very low failure rate and I feel confident that if you contact them the issue can get resolved in the best possible manor.

If you are having issues with your products please contact our CARE department so we can assess what is actually wrong with the unit. This helps us identify potential defects and only helps manufacturing in the future.

Yes, I did contact them twice. Got standard reply "send unit to service center". Don't see how it will help if design flaw is not corrected (3 units with the SAME PROBLEM is definitely design flaw). The problem shows up after unit is run for some time.
    Also there is no separate FX board in RX1201FX. Everything is on 1 single board. Unless it is redesigned nothing can be done.
    So far I am stuck with 2 lemons. I am switching to Mackie ProFX8.

Don't see how it will help if design flaw is not corrected (3 units with the SAME PROBLEM is definitely design flaw). The problem shows up after unit is run for some time.

Dear Serge,

This is *exactly* why we want you to send the unit in, so we can evaluate it for potential design flaws or manufacturing defects and correct the issue in future production runs.

Also, it's the quickest and easiest way for us to repair the unit and get it back to you.

If you have any other questions, please contact the CARE representative assigned to your case.
    James Burns,
    Coordinator, Social Media
    MUSIC-Group US.

Dear Serge,

We are performing tests now with our RX1202FX units and will be contacting you shortly with additional details!
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group