You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open X Control App for Android

Embarcadero has rad studio XE4 which can create windows and OSx binaries if you use c++. If you use Pascal, it can do iOS and I think Linux as well.

It requires both a PC and a Mac to do this. It works by utilizing OpenGL calls to render the GUI, so the hardware you are using must support OpenGL (or D3D) for it to work.

If the app were written in C++, I might be able to help .... assuming that some free time ends up coming my way sometime this decade

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bolt View Post
    Embarcadero has rad studio XE4 which can create windows and OSx binaries if you use c++. If you use Pascal, it can do iOS and I think Linux as well.
    Yep! But no android. =( too bad. It looked cool.

If the app were written in C++, I might be able to help .... assuming that some free time ends up coming my way sometime this decade
    Cool!
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Hey Scott,

I had a look at Embarcadero, since I remembered it was an off-shoot (or rebirth) of Borland's line of software development tools. Whatever happened to the $39.95 price tag for the original Turbo Pascal 3 that I cut my teeth on? The cheapest RAD Studio XE4 is over $1600 (for the Pro version). I did notice, though, that they do have a Delphi XE4 starter kit for $200. But I paid that for Delphi 3 Pro (the last version I bought).

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Hey Scott,

I had a look at Embarcadero, since I remembered it was an off-shoot (or rebirth) of Borland's line of software development tools. Whatever happened to the $39.95 price tag for the original Turbo Pascal 3 that I cut my teeth on? The cheapest RAD Studio XE4 is over $1600 (for the Pro version). I did notice, though, that they do have a Delphi XE4 starter kit for $200. But I paid that for Delphi 3 Pro (the last version I bought).

Paul
    Hey Paul,

Yea, the price has gotten much higher. If they are able to provide a cross-platform C++ compiler that covers Android, Windows, OSx and iOS (and linux), I will pay whatever they want ..... or more correctly, I will have it purchased for all the developers at work I think that it is even more expensive than this since you also need to get a Mac to develop the iOS stuff (it slaves the native Apple compiler).

Brian,

Yea, the rumor is Android support for later this year

I am waiting on the C++ version to inherit these capabilities. I haven't written any Pascal in many years (although I was pretty competent in the day).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123