You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: behringer uca 222

Smile behringer uca 222

i have the uca 222 so i can take the songs off of my tascam 8 track cassette.
    i loaded the asio driver and audacity. i hooked up my tascam to the uca222. but i fail to understand how to get the signal onto the computer.

can someone please tell me the exact steps. i can open audacity, but i saw no signal from the tascam there.
    it seems it should be pretty simple, but maybe i am doing something wrong. i have been wanting a device like this for many years. it will be so useful for me, once i am able to actually get my songs onto the computer.

thank you for any help.
    Brett

Fiona Hammond
    Hi Brett,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your UCA222. If using Windows, I recommend you download and install the 2.8.40 driver via the following link:
    http://www.behringer.com/EN/Support/...Downloads.aspx

Please choose the correct driver compatible with your operating system, either 32- or 64-bit.

To receive signal in Audacity from the UCA222's inputs, navigate to EDIT>PREFERENCES>DEVICES. Set HOST to WINDOWS DIRECT SOUND. Set RECORDING DEVICE to Line In (BEHRINGER USB WDM AUDIO). Audacity should now receive signal via the UCA222's inputs.

If this does not solve your issue please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Kind Regards,
    Fiona Hammond
    CARE EMEA
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER