You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Desk light

Desk light

Hey what are you folks using for your desk light? Littlite?

Billy,
    Littlite 18" LED Gooseneck Light with 4-pin XLR Connector

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RZEMPW/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$79.88 on Amazon. Works Great.

Dan
    Dan Haynes danhaynes42@hotmail.com
    X32, Two X32 Racks, dbx PA+, MacBook Pro, 2 iPad's (1 sound, 1 lights). Yorkville LS2100P, NX750P.

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    The X32 is lit up like a Christmas tree! Who needs a console light?
    Then on the doghouse of the console case is home to my laptop running Smaart live, with an ipad and a windows based WIFI controller .....

Feels kinda weird sitting in the middle of a venue with everyone looking at me as if there has been a UFO landing.
    Very unlike an analog set up that I've been usta for the past 35+ years.

I've been fine on all of my gigs without a console light - and half of the shows have been in very dark theatre settings.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

I went a bit cheaper with the Hosa Console Lamp XLR4M 12VDC 5W 15in LTE-297XLR4, for about $20.
    When I received it, it's 90degree plug means it blocked the External TB mic input. I took 30 seconds to remove three lamp screw and rotate the plug to a better orientation. Works fine now.

I went with the Littlite 18" LED Gooseneck Light with 4-pin XLR Connector for the LED's rather than an incandescent bulb. I figured it would last forever and I don't worry about carrying around spare bulbs like I did for the Hosa lamps I had on my Presonus boards.
    X32, Two X32 Racks, dbx PA+, MacBook Pro, 2 iPad's (1 sound, 1 lights). Yorkville LS2100P, NX750P.

Not sure about the Hosa, but the littlelite is also 90° and can be rebuilt to have the gooseneck to exit from the top instead of the side.

The link to Amazon I reference above comes out straight and doesn't have to be modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry More View Post
    The X32 is lit up like a Christmas tree! Who needs a console light?
    It's for when you drop your phone/batteries/other important small items on the ground/behind your mixing table/desk.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Monroe View Post
    It's for when you drop your phone/batteries/other important small items on the ground/behind your mixing table/desk.

True, true.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫