You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I don't believe it!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Posts
    620

    I don't believe it!!!

    So I went through the patching of my beloved Eventide Eclipse (could never live without it as a vocal verb) into my X32.
    A/B'ed it to the X32's plate verb ..... and I'll be danged! Just to close to call.

    And I spent $2000. on the Eventide Eclipse just 4/5 years ago.


    While am at it - does anyone want to purchase 5 large frame consoles and 6 large tour racks full of outboard gear?
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

  2. #2
    Super User Paul Vannatto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SW Ontario Canada
    Posts
    4,181
    Cool! What did you use for the presets? Did you use the Vocal Plate (#30) that came with the X32, or did you do a custom setup?

    Paul

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    282
    Henry, if you sell yours I have a Yamaha PM4000-56 that won't be used this year....We did manage to liquidate the rest of our analog inventory last year, except for the PM4000 and a couple of dbx 363 gates and a Goldline System Analyzer. I certainly don't miss unpacking the 4K. It is one heavy beast.

    Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

  4. #4
    Henry,

    I participate in many forums around the web. I have been reading posts like yours for a while now (although yours is now my "most astonishing" statement post yet).

    Posts like yours and others which have praised the sound quality of the X32 have convinced me that the product is very good sounding indeed (no one who owns an Eventide reverb would suffer bad vocal quality in a mixer).

    The argument that I can't seem to slip is the reliability of the X32 product.

    I have (like many others) had my share of past Behringer gear that broke. It seems like the X32 is a different kind of product than what many are used to seeing from Behringer.

    I don't have much to go on, but here is my thoughts.

    On e-bay right now there are a total of ..... wait for it ..... 2 people selling their USED X32's. Generally speaking, if people are having issues with a mixer, they will get rid of it and buy something else. That doesn't appear to be happening. This leads me to believe that the initial quality of the X32 is pretty darned good.

    The bigger question is the long term reliability. Since the product has only been out since August 2012 (9 months ago), it is possible that the mechanical parts of the mixer may not stand up to the test of time.

    Have you had any mechanical issues with your mixer, and how long have you had it?

  5. #5
    Hello Scott ...

    While waiting for Henry's reply, I'll jump in and say that I've had my X32 since early October, 2012.

    Last month, the Mute Group 1 button stuck and is now unusable.

    At least it wasn't one of the Layer or Group/Bus buttons ... but I am now apprehensive since those buttons see frequent use.

    Several others have recently reported similar happenings on the Sound Forums Network X32 thread.

    I'll have to make arrangements to lease a board prior to shipping the X32 off for warranty repair. The shipping cost to Las Vegas will take the remainder of a weekend's earnings. All for a stuck button.
    Bob

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Cool! What did you use for the presets? Did you use the Vocal Plate (#30) that came with the X32, or did you do a custom setup?

    Paul


    Ahoy Paul,

    I used the plate verb that was in the X32 with V1.13 - Just a small amount of tweaking till I was happy with the results.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bolt View Post
    Henry,

    I participate in many forums around the web. I have been reading posts like yours for a while now (although yours is now my "most astonishing" statement post yet).

    Posts like yours and others which have praised the sound quality of the X32 have convinced me that the product is very good sounding indeed (no one who owns an Eventide reverb would suffer bad vocal quality in a mixer).

    The argument that I can't seem to slip is the reliability of the X32 product.

    I have (like many others) had my share of past Behringer gear that broke. It seems like the X32 is a different kind of product than what many are used to seeing from Behringer.

    I don't have much to go on, but here is my thoughts.

    On e-bay right now there are a total of ..... wait for it ..... 2 people selling their USED X32's. Generally speaking, if people are having issues with a mixer, they will get rid of it and buy something else. That doesn't appear to be happening. This leads me to believe that the initial quality of the X32 is pretty darned good.

    The bigger question is the long term reliability. Since the product has only been out since August 2012 (9 months ago), it is possible that the mechanical parts of the mixer may not stand up to the test of time.

    Have you had any mechanical issues with your mixer, and how long have you had it?

    Scott,

    I too am on well over a dozen forums regarding live sound and recording (had to use my real name here but My user name everywhere else is MoreSound after my business name).

    I found it hard to write and was equally astonished as you to have an eventide swept to the gutter as it so brutally was.

    I was in the same boat as you. When the first hint of the X32 was being murmured I thought yeah, right. Then the news of Midas and KT where behind the whole shebang I knew there would be angelical vocals with parting dark clouds by golden sunbeams.
    But you have to figure that Behringer put a lot of eggs in this basket to not have it fail. I have had no issues what so ever with the mechanics of the two X32's that we took delivery of.

    Three year warranty is hard to beat and these consoles will see tons of road work from us this summer/fall/winter. I mean they will see steady work - as much as two years worth in three seasons. Time will tell I guess.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schnake View Post
    Henry, if you sell yours I have a Yamaha PM4000-56 that won't be used this year....We did manage to liquidate the rest of our analog inventory last year, except for the PM4000 and a couple of dbx 363 gates and a Goldline System Analyzer. I certainly don't miss unpacking the 4K. It is one heavy beast.

    Bill


    Bill,

    We have the huge PM series ... as well as two Midas and Allen Heath consoles - Gosh when you think about the weight/gas that is saved with the trucks!
    I may hold on to the Midas consoles though. I mean how could one ever sell them? Just park them in the museum and take them out for a ride every other Sunday.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Jaffrey, New Hampshire Lat/Lng: 42.8129750,-72.0248270
    Posts
    620
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harvey View Post
    Hello Scott ...

    While waiting for Henry's reply, I'll jump in and say that I've had my X32 since early October, 2012.

    Last month, the Mute Group 1 button stuck and is now unusable.

    At least it wasn't one of the Layer or Group/Bus buttons ... but I am now apprehensive since those buttons see frequent use.

    Several others have recently reported similar happenings on the Sound Forums Network X32 thread.

    I'll have to make arrangements to lease a board prior to shipping the X32 off for warranty repair. The shipping cost to Las Vegas will take the remainder of a weekend's earnings. All for a stuck button.
    Yeah gotta figure, Bob. That all of the other major makers of digital consoles had very high percentage failure rates right off of the bat ..... Unlike Behringer.
    A stuck button should be able to be fixed in the field.
    ♫♪♫ I have a fever and the cure is cowbell ♫♪♫ .......... *LIVE FREE OR DIE* .......... ♫ I'm all ears ♫

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry More View Post
    A stuck button should be able to be fixed in the field.
    I'm hoping that will be the case here, Henry.
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •