You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xenyx QX1202USB

Xenyx QX1202USB

First post:

I am considering a Xenyx QX1202USB to simplify my home recording setup. Anyone already using these, or have these been release to retail yet?

They have an availability date of 6/27/13 on the Musicians Friend website.

I am using Reaper 3.76 (older version) because I prefer the simplicity of the older layout vs 4.XX versions.

I have a lot of Behringer equipment, and have had zero problems. Behringer always seem to have the edge over the competition with better price point and features. I think the QX1202USB will suit my personal needs and allow me more to create, and less time tweaking techy stuff.

I'd sure like to hear from others, especially opinions on the KLARK TEKNIK FX as compared to the older effects in my Virtualizer Pro unit.

Bump...These are in stock at MF, but there are only 2 reviews to date. One positive and one negative. Anyone have any info on these?

I ordered and received my QX120USB in late July. I am disappointed to discover that I cannot record backing tracks from YouTube into my DAW (Reaper) the way I used to with my previous MX602A/UCA202 setup. The whole point of this purchase was to simplify my setup and reduce cabling clutter.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Super User
    Hi Marcus,

I'm not clear what exactly you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to record something from YouTube into Reaper, why would you need something external to the computer? Why not record from the internet directly to Reaper - or am I missing something?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Hi Marcus,

I'm not clear what exactly you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to record something from YouTube into Reaper, why would you need something external to the computer? Why not record from the internet directly to Reaper - or am I missing something?

Paul
    I am pretty new to computer based recording, Paul. I don't know how to do that. I figured since the ASIO driver disables the internal soundcard, I would have to route the signal through the mixer.

Super User
    Ah, now I understand. ASIO doesn't disable the internal soundcard. The ASIO driver is probably specific to your QX120USB mixer. But in Reaper, you can choose the mixer as your inputs and outputs, or the internal soundcard (Options, Preferences, Devices - change the Audio System from ASIO to DirectSound), then choose your internal soundcard for input and output).

But I see the problem. There use to be a setting in the internal soundcard control panel to record "what you hear". I was just checking my laptop internal soundcard (Soundmax) and it doesn't have that feature. That's the way I use to record any streaming type audio. It only has mic and line in for inputs for recording. I guess its been years since I've done what you are trying to accomplish.

So back to your idea of using your external mixer. Unfortunately the Product section of the Behringer website is still having issues and I can't download the manual for that mixer. Can you route the YouTube streaming signal out the USB to the QX1202? If not, then another option is to run a cable from the speaker output to one of the stereo inputs of the mixer, then feed the signal back to the computer through the USB.

Another easier way to get what you want is to download one of those Youtube music downloaders. Downloads.com has one by that name.

Paul

I was able to do this previously with my older MX602A/UCA202, and avoid feedback loop, by toggling the 2-track to main & 2-track to control room buttons as needed. Too bad they didn't make the USB mixer work the same as the USB adapter.

Behringer sent me an email at one point explaining the design was to avoid feedback loops, and it had instructions on settings for a DAW, but I have somehow lost the email, and it was a little on the complicated side to reconfigure I/O settings differently each time I changed sources.

I guess I could always go back to the UCA202, but that sort of defeats the purpose of buying the USB mixer.

BTW...None of this was addressed in the manual. In fact, the manual is laughably simplistic...but hey...it's in 6 different languages! (LOL)
    Last edited by Marcus Martin; 09-16-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Super User
    Hi Marcus,

I'm still trying to download the manual for this particular mixer. I know that some of the manuals are pretty simplistic. But I've read enough mixer manuals that I can read between the lines, so to speak, and get the info I'm looking for. For instance, they don't yet have the full manual for the X32 Rack. But I know the X32 console well enough that I can figure out a lot of it just by looking at the diagrams, etc and reading the cursory explanation. I'm figuring if you could do it with the MX602A with the UCA202, you should be able to accomplish the same thing with this manual. I had a MX1604 and a MX2442 once upon a time. They were great little mixers.

Paul

Paul - I was able to download the X32 manual, but it took several attempts to access and slow. If you don't have the link, I've included it below. If you cannot access it PM me with your email address and I will send you the PDF file.

www.behringer.com/assets/X32_M_EN.pdf

Still trying to download the QX1202USB manual...Keep getting

An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.d4884817.1379546987.1bb53475

Geez, I hope they straighten out the website soon. Very frustrating!

Super User
    Thanks Marcus. I have the X32 manual (v5) for the X32 Console. I guess I wasn't clear enough in my post what I was trying to say. The X32 Rack which should be arriving this month only has the Quick Guide available at this point. But because I've read the X32 console manual (many times), it didn't take much to be able to read between the lines of the X32 Rack Quick Guide to get the info I needed. Same with your manual, whenever we are able to download it.

I know that they are still sorting out a number of server issues, which probably includes all the manuals, and other product data. So it is only a matter of time (like the forum response) until we will be able to get it and have a look.

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast