You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XControl lag problem

Super User
    Hi David,

Thanks for responding. I do have a question though. What screen size/resolution does that Acer netbook have? I borrowed 2 HP netbooks (one from a friend, one from work) to try the XControl and discovered the screen wasn't large enough/ didn't have enough resolution for the XControl to fit and was useless, since the faders when at the bottom are unreachable. Just curious.

Paul

Let me dig it out and have a look. It was one of the bigger screen netbooks by acer. X control fits on it perfect in height, and width it stops short on about 2/3 of the screen (i.e. x control only needs 2/3 of the screen width to fit it). Fantastic little laptop.

its a 1366x768 hd display - acer aspire one 722-c62rr . win7 . 2gb ddr3, amd dual core c60 with turbo core 1.333ghz.

if you need any more info, gimme a shout

cheers

dave

Super User
    Thanks for looking that up for me David

Paul

Super User
    Hey David,

I just remembered that you had provided me the specs before, and I had done a search for that model, but found out it wasn't available locally. Anyways, sorry I made you look it up twice, but thanks again.

Paul

I think that it is an ATOM processor - XControl problem...

Super User
    Hi Michael,

I just ran into a similar scenario this morning during the church service. Normally I mix from the X32 console. But lately I've been forcing myself to use the XControl software on the desktop (old celeron based unit) beside it. The reason is, I'm planning on getting the X32 Rack when it comes out and I want to get used to mixing with the app. A few minutes into the rehearsal, the XControl complained that it had lost connection. So I reconnected. Shortly afterwards I noticed a 5-10 second lag - like when I would click on a channel, it would take that amount of time to switch over to that channel. So I re-syncronized and all was well and it stayed that way throughout the practice and the service.

In the 6 months we've had the X32 (and the computer with XControl), I've not encountered any problem of this nature. But it did happen this morning.

Paul

Paul:

How you re-syncronized? close and open the app?

Super User
    Hi Michael,

No, on the Setup screen, network page, to the right of the Connect button is the Sync Direction group. In there is the Syncronize button. That's what worked for me.

Paul

Paul:

I know that, but when the lag start, how you stop the sync and then re-sync?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast