You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Sample rate

Sample rate

Hello guys,
    I wrote a post like this few months ago, and now I would like to know if there are any news about the chance to set the sample rate to 88 khz since I use to work with my unit mostly in studio, and obviously with this sample rate it would be much better for my projects... what do you think about it?

92 views and no one wrote anything??? C'mon guys, ask the Behringer gurus to work on it.... Last 01v96i works up to 96, i think it would be really really good if we could have this chance as well. ..

Super User
    Yes I remember there was a reply. No plans at this time to go beyond the 48 Khz.

Paul

I remember Uli commenting about this on another forum. I don't think they designed the hardware on the board to be able to do anything other 48. If they had it would have seriously affected the price point and ability to also have compressors/gates/FXs. I don't remember fully but I but I think someone else said there might be a way with an expansion card to record at 96K but it would get knocked down to 48 as soon as it hit the board again and I don't think they've announced -any- cards let alone one that would be able to bump up recording.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Monroe View Post
    I remember Uli commenting about this on another forum. I don't think they designed the hardware on the board to be able to do anything other 48. If they had it would have seriously affected the price point and ability to also have compressors/gates/FXs. I don't remember fully but I but I think someone else said there might be a way with an expansion card to record at 96K but it would get knocked down to 48 as soon as it hit the board again and I don't think they've announced -any- cards let alone one that would be able to bump up recording.
    The hardware can do 24/96. The problem is that the dsp power isn't enough for 24/96 @ 40ch so the number of available channels needs to decrease.

Another probem is that if one is using the ultranet and/or aes50 you'll run into issues given their sample rate specs combined with existing hardware. Downsampling of individual channels then needs to take place and eats valuable dsp and memory resources.

However, according to an recent magazine article berry is considering adding 24/96 in a future firmware update, but it was at the time of print still in evaluation phase.

Good to know. I remembered there was some sort of hardware limitation but didn't remember the bottleneck was the dsp. =) Good memory!
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton