You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: Help with sound monitoring.

Help with sound monitoring.

Hello all, I'm trying to record a basic blues setup, one guitar, one voice and maybe add a second guitar or harmonica. I'm using Xenyk Q802 usb, the problem is I can record the first track OK, save it all and set up for the next track, I can hear the first track plus the the signal that will be the second track but as soon as I press record I lose the sound from track two but I'm still hearing track one ! I am fairly new to recording on a computer, but I have some experience of a traditional studio, is the problem routing the 'phones signal ? help please, Dave Jones.

Dear Dave,

Locate the two red buttons within the USB 2-TRACK parameter. The first is called 2-TR/USB TO MAIN this button will route recorded tracks from your computer to the MAIN MIX outputs. This button will need to be in the UP position. The second is the 2-TR/USB. This will need to be in the DOWN position. This routing allows sound from the mixer to flow to the computer while being able to listen to pre-recorded tracks or playback from the computer, which means you are able to overdub with your DAW. The playback will be routed through your headphones or Control Room outputs.

Kind Regards,
    Zac Ross
    Jr. Admin, Tech Support
    MUSIC Group US
    BEHRINGER

Thanks Zac, I'll have a look at that. I wander if you could help with another small issue, from the two balanced inputs can I record two separate tracks to the daw ? IE. stereo guitar or vocal track/guitar track and do I have to configure the daw to do this ? thanks again Zac.

Fiona Hammond
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
    from the two balanced inputs can I record two separate tracks to the daw ? IE. stereo guitar or vocal track/guitar track and do I have to configure the daw to do this ?
    Hi Dave,

If I understand you correctly, you would like to record two sources independently via USB. To do this, hard pan your two input channels left and right respectively. Set up two mono tracks in your DAW. Configure the input of one channel to the left input, and the second channel to the right.

Kind Regards,
    Fiona Hammond
    CARE EMEA
    MUSIC Group
    BEHRINGER

This is what I think

I can hear the first track plus the the signal that will be the second track but as soon as I press record I lose the sound from track two but I'm still hearing track one !
    This in my opinion is a flaw with the mixer design. I have the same exact problem and the only way around it is to disable the usb codec and use the soundcard that is in your computer, and basically you would just use the mixer as a preamp. The way to do this is to use the FX out on the channel you are recording into the mic in on your computer, and run the audio out from your computer to rca in on the mixer. You'll have to adjust the volume levels to get the mix your looking for. This pretty much makes the whole usb concept redundant, but if you want to hear what ever it is your recording along with a pre-recorded track in real time (i.e. live) this is the only way to do it. It seems pretty stupid that this mixer is set up this way, I'm wishing I would have bought the cheaper model without the usb because it would work the same way. "but", if you don't mind not being able to hear what your recording in real time, the usb function works quite well. You probably won't find a behringer mixer in this price range (new) that allows you to monitor what your recording in real time whilst playing back another track. "way to go behringer".