You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: Naming of the HOW Section

Naming of the HOW Section

Hey, everyone.
    So I attended the very enjoyable webinar on the iNuke series this afternoon, but was wondering about the section it was posted under.
    I am not affiliated with any house of worship, but I have a deep interest in this type of webinar and the equipment discussed. I would not have known about today's event at all had I not heard it mentioned at the end of another webinar last week. Looking in the HoW section is not something I as a travelling sound designer would normally do. Which leads me to this question:

Is there a better name for a section that deals with items often used by both HoW teams AND touring professionals? Something more akin to "Permanent Installations and Professional Touring", because they both tend to have a lot of overlap in equipment, mayhaps. Or something better could be found. It's just an idea.
    I would really like to hear other people's opinions on this, because it may just be my opinion. However, I would truly hate to see other travelling professionals, like myself, miss out on very applicable webinars because they just wouldn't think to look in a section that APPEARS strictly dedicated to House of Worship equipment.

Thanks,
    Trevor

IMHO I think they want to specifically target House of Worship since it's fairly often that the techs running the gear aren't paid or professinally trained. If you're stopping to explain or having an entire session on balanced cables and phantom power Pros are going to get frustrated/bored while church/npo volunteers despriately neeed to know the difference. I'm really glad to see a section strickly dedicated like this because of the differnent level/focus is greatly needed. Nothing is worse than going to a service where the speakers mic constantly feedbacks.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Thank you Brian. I am no professional and I am certainly not paid. I happened into this job when our former sound guy walked out. I am learning as I go-through trial and mostly error. I have been successful in upgrading some of our old equipment and I just found this forum yesterday as I was looking for some answers to a couple questions I had.

Hahaha.. yeah I think that's how most of us got involved. Feel free to start a thread if you have other questions, or want advice on what to buy next. =) I love topics like that.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. As Brian mentioned, many of us here are in similar scenarios that you described. I've discovered that this forum to be one of the most helpful and friendly forums around. And the Behringer staff is quite active to respond when we don't have the answers.

Paul