You are here: Home » Forum

Thread: Firewire problems

Question Firewire problems

I am having an issue with using the firewire sends to pc using reaper. i am able to get the system to work using the usb driver but not firewire. i have installed the asio4all driver and the behringer driver. the system sees the console connected but i can not see audio. i am looking for any help. i am using windows 7 on a fresh build computer.

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear Michael,

I moved the thread in the general discussions forum.

Which chipset does your computer have for FW? Did you try FW also with another computer? Did you change the card to FW in the Setup menu on the desk?

Mike find out what firewire card are you using? Is it onboard the MB? Or is it in a slot? Does the PC have the Audio turned on? If so try turning the onboard audio in the bios off. The firewire chipset is a crucial step in processing audio. Texas Instrument chipsets usually (almost always) work.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Brockway View Post
    I am having an issue with using the firewire sends to pc using reaper. i am able to get the system to work using the usb driver but not firewire. i have installed the asio4all driver and the behringer driver. the system sees the console connected but i can not see audio. i am looking for any help. i am using windows 7 on a fresh build computer.
    Asio4all is only a wdm bridge to asio. You get a maximum of 8 channels in that configuration.

There are two possible faliure scenarios.

1) The correct card option must be selected in the setup menu. Make sure it's configured for firewire if that is what you are using.

2) The x32 have two drivers. One for usb and another one for firewire. You have probably only installed one of them and not the other. You should have a configuration icon in your lower right corner for the x32. If you click on it you will se what driver is installed. For both drivers you should see two icons.

Hi Michael,

Did you remember to switch it to Firewire on the X32 (in the Setup/Card interface section)? If so, try switching it to USB then back to Firewire. I had to do that when I upgraded the firmware to 1.13.

Paul