You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise

Noise

Hello, Just got an X32 from GC. It has a pretty good amount of hiss sitting Idle and a slight whistle. GC is going to bring their floor model out to compare desks this week. Does anybody know the chances that I received one of the desks where a ribbon was ran wrong? My understanding was that this was a small number of desks in the initial runs? Do you think I could have received one of those?

I am pretty sure Behringer didn't manufacture this desk with this much noise. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Peiffer View Post
    Hello, Just got an X32 from GC. It has a pretty good amount of hiss sitting Idle and a slight whistle. GC is going to bring their floor model out to compare desks this week. Does anybody know the chances that I received one of the desks where a ribbon was ran wrong? My understanding was that this was a small number of desks in the initial runs? Do you think I could have received one of those?

I am pretty sure Behringer didn't manufacture this desk with this much noise. Thanks in advance!
    When you say idle, what do you mean? If you have faders up and no input connected, there can be some noise. If you have all faders down, the X32 should be pretty quiet. With mics or other on the inputs with the faders and gain up should be pretty quiet.

Hi, There are two distinct noise issues.
    1/ The incorrectly routed ribbon cable, leaving noise on a couple of channels (16 & 32 from memory but I could be wrong). This was apparently done on some of the earlier desks and there is a procedure to resolve it 100% which involves re-routing the cable.
    2/ The Monitor out/Headphone noise - This is harder to resolve and I've heard it from numerous x32s. I am hopeful they have found the reason for it and am awaiting news so I can get one fixed soon .
    Either way, Behringer are treating these desks like they really want to turn around perception of their after sales service and are stepping up to resolve all issues - Contact them.
    Pauly

Silly question -- have you checked that all your channel pre amps are down at zero. I know before i purchased mine, i watched a few "unboxing" videos on you tube, and everyone complained about the unit arriving with the gains all turned to maximum on the pres on all channels. Suffice to say the first thing i checked when my own arrived was the pre amps, and surprise surprise, they were all at maximum output -- this would introduce some noise

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Thomson View Post
    Silly question -- have you checked that all your channel pre amps are down at zero. I know before i purchased mine, i watched a few "unboxing" videos on you tube, and everyone complained about the unit arriving with the gains all turned to maximum on the pres on all channels. Suffice to say the first thing i checked when my own arrived was the pre amps, and surprise surprise, they were all at maximum output -- this would introduce some noise
    I had the same thing when I got my desk. Must be part of the testing process before shipping out or something. After turning the pre's down to normal levels everything was nice and quiet.

Dear Billy,

Try initializing the console- in case some microphone preamps are cranked on unused channels. Press the SETUP button and tab over to CONFIG. Using the first encoder below the screen select CONSOLE (Under Initialization). Press PAGE RIGHT to confirm.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
    Jr. Admin, Care
    MUSIC Group

Hey guys I will check tomorrow but I have already done a show on it. I will look at the Head Amps and report back!!! Thanks!

I had an idea. I opened x control and loaded the scene we used for the last show and the Pre Amps are NOT cranked up on un-used channels. Now that I think about it the whistle was coming from 1 of the center channels. I'll get back here after the setup tomorrow. Thanks!!!!

The desk was bad. At set up the desk started frying eggs on the Aux channels. There wasn't anything connected to the 6 Auxs but they were making a heck of a racket. The noise was low end, high end and intermitting crackling. I exchanged the Desk and no problems with the new desk. Just FYI I had some suspicions about this particular desk to begin with.

Like most of you I am experienced in Sound world This board had a few dents on the inside box but none on the outside box when I received it. It looked like it had been repackaged. I couldn't get the gates to perform correctly from the beginning. Then after getting a somewhat acceptable scene we saved it and the desk froze. I believe this desk was a return that shouldn't have been sold as new. I suspect it was dropped. The New Desk is performing as expected!!!

Now please tell me what You are using as far as a Cat5/6 cable to your S16's. Thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Hooked up the S16 tonight and went through a few channels to see how it worked. Great! This is really cool. We are a 3 piece band so we only use 14 channels. However we use 17 thru 32 as a dedicated in ear mix. We use Channels 15 and 16 for Click and Backing Music. They are routed into Aux 1 and 2 only the drummer hears the click so we don't want it up on 1 thru 16 where it could get moved or muted. The Music channel is into it's own Sub so we can apply dynamics and then into it's own DCA. The S16 is mounted in a rack with the headphone amp directly above it. And above that is a dual usb mic pre being fed by a macbook pro. The cables for the headphone amp, music and click are always in the S16 via right angle XLR'S. Do you know how much time this will save? This is cool indeed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast