You are here: Home » Forum
BEHRINGER_Billboard-XD80USB

Thread: xcontrol and windows 8

xcontrol and windows 8

I attended the xicontrol etc webinar last week and the presenters mentioned they had not tried xcontrol on W8. I said it works fine with touch But the big thing missing to make it really workable is at least support for pinch and zoom... Plus need to incorporate sync with scene control. I think behringer is missing a trick if don't pursue this ... Ipads will have their day and windows 8 touch will be flooding the laptop & transformer market within a pretty short time.

It would appear some disagree with your assessment of Windows 8.

http://www.zdnet.com/windows-its-over-7000013964/

Has anybody tried XControl on Windows RT?

I did in a shop - it did work. I would suggest you take it on a usb stick and try it on the surface or laptop you are thinking of getting.

Another reason for enhancing xcontrol re sizing and scrolling is for android users as x control can be used on this using splashtop or similar - pinch and zoom works but pretty useless without being able to scroll l/r or up & down!

Michael.Maeurer
    Dear all,

the XControl may be updated to support some features of Win8, but we cannot tell you more about the timeline yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael.Maeurer View Post
    Dear all,

the XControl may be updated to support some features of Win8, but we cannot tell you more about the timeline yet.
    thanks - That's good news - but would prefer to hear a 'will' rather than a 'may'!!!!
    All the best
    Nick

Actually as a bit of an afterthought the initial enhancements re re-sizing & scrolling the xcontrol window needs to be done not specifically for W8 as once this is done it should be available to touch controls in W8 as many other applications written pre W8 are (& then also available in improved and more useable version to android users as mentioned earlier),
    nick