You are here: Home » Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: x32 core and changing scenes?

x32 core and changing scenes?

Just a thought how would you change scenes on this? I do not have an iPad but do use xcontrol and with this scenes are not synced!
    Can you change scenes using the iPad?

Hi Nick,

Is this a Windows 8 issue with the Xcontrol? We're still using XP, but having no problem syncing scenes in either direction.

Paul

No not a w8 issue - by syncing mean that scenes are not loaded into xcontrol when doing initial sync - the sw actually says "library and scenes excluded".
    The only way to do it would be to ensure same scenes / show loaded on xcontfol and the x32 from a usb stick.
    Btw if try and save a scene on x control the link to the x32 seems to be lost and you have to reconnect.
    So I suppose with the core you could load all scenes in x control and use this to change scenes but if you save a scene say after a sound check or a performance you lose the connection and need to reconnect.
    (also see my other post(s) re improving xcontrol- a great bit of sw but needs some resources diverted to make it more usable as a sole control surface as with the core)
    Last edited by Nick Davis; 04-17-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Davis View Post
    No not a w8 issue - by syncing mean that scenes are not loaded into xcontrol when doing initial sync - the sw actually says "library and scenes excluded".
    The only way to do it would be to ensure same scenes / show loaded on xcontfol and the x32 from a usb stick.
    That is odd, Nick. With our XP machine, it has never come up with that message. It has always transferred the scenes from the X32 to XControl if we connect using the Console to PC sync direction.

I'm wondering if you have the latest version of both firmware (1.13) and the XControl (1.01). The two are tied together, meaning that a previous version of one won't work with the latest version of the other. But it usually gives a warning if you have that scenario when loading XControl.

I should try my Win7 laptop with the XControl to see if I can duplicate your problem. Unfortunately, I have a Chamber of Commerce awards night that I have to do sound for tonight (not with the X32), and my wife and I are headed to the Smokey's first thing in the morning. So I won't have a chance to try it until we get back.

You also mentioned that the link to the X32 seems to be lost... are you having a network connection issue? Are you going through a router? Maybe change the cat5 cable(s)? You shouldn't be experiencing reconnection issues.

Hope that helps in your troubleshooting

Paul

Hi,
    Thanks for your replies.
    Pretty sure I have the latest versions. Also have it on w7 laptop so will try that. The message is re no syncronisation is actually on the screen above options to xfer from console to pc or pc to console.
    The connection btw is direct ethernet between x32 and pc.
    I will have a look today and get back to you (it could be that an earlier version of xcontrol is being loaded!).

However, I did ask this q on a webinar last week & was advised loading from usb was the only way to have same scenes on x32 & xcontrol!

Nick

Oh also the x32 is connected to a static IP on the laptop.
    Last edited by Nick Davis; 04-18-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Hi Paul,

just looked at all this - and part was my confusion - the "sync direction (libraries and scenes excluded) on the screen refers to loading the scenes into the xcontrol scene library - however I missed the option at the top of th scene library screen that says Xcontrol and Console - so tabbing on the console one shows the scenes on the console!!!!

I have ensured I do have the latest versions and have tested this with W8 and W7. Now on my W8 pc if I try and save a scene either to the xcontrol library or the console library I do lose the connection to the X32 - there seems to be a delay in the fields to put the scene name in being displayed and then the connection is lost - I have tried running xcontrol in xp and windows 7 compatibility mode on this laptop but same issue. However running it on my old windows 7 laptop I DO NOT have this problem - this makes me think it maybe more to do with the laptop running W8 rather than W8 compatibility (or something to do with underlying network control - but as far as I can see this is the same as W7).

Therefore I wonder if you or anyone else out there who has windows 8 could see if they have the same issue when saving scenes - so I can narrow down the problem to W8 or my laptop / settings.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nick Davis; 04-19-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Davis View Post
    Now on my W8 pc if I try and save a scene either to the xcontrol library or the console library I do lose the connection to the X32 - there seems to be a delay in the fields to put the scene name in being displayed and then the connection is lost
    I have the same problem but with a win7ultimate. Everything else works as supposed to.

That is the only computer where I have this problem and I've been running xcontrol on five different computers (not at the same time)...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lofgren View Post
    I have the same problem but with a win7ultimate. Everything else works as supposed to.

That is the only computer where I have this problem and I've been running xcontrol on five different computers (not at the same time)...
    Interesting! -( haven't heard of win7 ultimate will look it up). So possibly a compatibility problem which is not solved by setting the xcontrol program to run in compatibility mode - wonder what xcontrol is doing when try to save a scene - perhaps a lot of traffic ( but would this be the case if just saving to the xcontrol library - which does not reflect the changes on the console!)

Wonder if there is a windows expert who can shed some light on this - it is just a bit irritating!

Nick

You may need to use a crossover cable if connecting PC to console directly (you do with Yamaha consoles for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Padrick View Post
    You may need to use a crossover cable if connecting PC to console directly (you do with Yamaha consoles for instance).
    Hi Tim,
    What do you mean by a 'crossover cable'....
    .(the current connection is direct from the ethernet socket on the x32 to the ethernet socket on the laptop),

Nick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast