You are here: Home » Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X32 Rack

Tim, I would love it if they came out with an X-48. That would match up to all of my other boards.

Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc
    Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Lightbulb

Hi All, My local Behringer dealer is getting me an S-16 to go with the X32 Rack that he is ordering me as soon as it is available. The reason for purchasing the X32 Rack and another S-16 to go with it is for ease of setup on smaller jobs and conferences. One person can easily move the 6 space rack that will house both and set it up.

However, we want to use it as a monitor console since we are all now on iPads for most of our shows. In this situation I want the 16 channel inputs on the X32 Rack to be echoed on channels 1 - 16 of the X32 at FOH and channels 1 - 16 of the S-16 to be available to both the X32 Rack, 32 channel monitor board, and FOH on channels 17 - 32.

Does anyone foresee a problem with this setup and how do I hook it up?

Thanks
    Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schnake View Post
    Hi All, My local Behringer dealer is getting me an S-16 to go with the X32 Rack that he is ordering me as soon as it is available. The reason for purchasing the X32 Rack and another S-16 to go with it is for ease of setup on smaller jobs and conferences. One person can easily move the 6 space rack that will house both and set it up.

However, we want to use it as a monitor console since we are all now on iPads for most of our shows. In this situation I want the 16 channel inputs on the X32 Rack to be echoed on channels 1 - 16 of the X32 at FOH and channels 1 - 16 of the S-16 to be available to both the X32 Rack, 32 channel monitor board, and FOH on channels 17 - 32.

Thanks
    Bill
    Hey Bill,

On the Behringer Facebook site, Behringer commented that the X32 Rack will ship later this month (ie june). That should put it in stores between the last week in July, and the 2nd week in August.

I have an existing 8 space 19" rack that I am planning on doing nearly the same thing (without the S16) to run my band with.

5 space - X32 Rack (I like to leave on slot above and below the mixer for cooling)
    1 space - Furman power conditioner
    1 space - Furman IEM transceiver

As for your setup, the idea that popped up in my head is to use the analog outs on the Rack and S16 to go to the X32 FOH rig. I am wondering if it is possible to use the digital snake to get the inputs over to the FOH instead though.

I would think that this would be a fairly popular setup for the real world (32 channel monitor mixer plus 32 channel FOH mixer).

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Schnake View Post

Thanks
    Bill
    Here is some advice for you bill. And it will save you $$$. All the inputs can be mirrored internally in the rack. You can assign inputs to multiple channels. Example. Input 1 to channel 1,17 input 2 to channel 2,18 input 3 to 3,19 etc…. Now you just use the first 16 channels as mains and channels 17-32 for monitors. You have completely separate control over all the channels. You end up with a 32 channel board with 16 for mains 16 for monitors.

I am assuming you may not have known that the inputs can be assigned to mutiple channels.

Super User
    Hi Jerry,

If I read Bill's explanation correctly, he needs all 32 channels mirrored between the Rack at the stage, X32 FOH and another 32 monitor console (analog I presume). Is that correct Bill?

I'm mulling this scenario over. But I have a fellow coming over that I'm helping build a pedal board. Hopefully someone else will have the answer posted before I get a chance to get back to it. If not, I'll be glad to give my 2 cents worth

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bolt View Post
    I have an existing 8 space 19" rack that I am planning on doing nearly the same thing (without the S16) to run my band with.

5 space - X32 Rack (I like to leave on slot above and below the mixer for cooling)
    1 space - Furman power conditioner
    1 space - Furman IEM transceiver
    You should do a shelf with a Wifi AP. ASUS makes some good ones that run DDWRT and have removable antennas so you can put in a high gain one (or three) to get max coverage in the venue.
    "A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Monroe View Post
    You should do a shelf with a Wifi AP. ASUS makes some good ones that run DDWRT and have removable antennas so you can put in a high gain one (or three) to get max coverage in the venue.
    Hi Brian,

I thought about this and was considering just carrying the wireless router in my padded mic case. I could then just set the router on top of the rack and point the ears up. Since I will be mixing from stage, the iPad need only reach the short distance from where I sing to the X32 Rack.

Of course, when doing a virtual sound check out front, I will need a little more distance.

Do you think that will cover it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Vannatto View Post
    Hi Jerry,

If I read Bill's explanation correctly, he needs all 32 channels mirrored between the Rack at the stage, X32 FOH and another 32 monitor console (analog I presume). Is that correct Bill?

I'm mulling this scenario over. But I have a fellow coming over that I'm helping build a pedal board. Hopefully someone else will have the answer posted before I get a chance to get back to it. If not, I'll be glad to give my 2 cents worth

Paul
    I read it the same way. 32 inputs ran through a monitor, and mirrored over to 32 input X32.

It sure seems like this should be possible.

Super User
    So here is my 2 nickels (Canada just recently retired the penny).

If the X32 FOH is set as the wordclock master, I would think it would see the X32 rack and S16 hooked to it as 2 S16 from an AES50 perspective. Hopefully Joe, John or Michael (from Behringer) will correct me or confirm. But if that is the case, the setup on the X32 FOH should be the same as 2 S16 connected to, say, AES50-A. From the X32 Rack perspective, one of the AES50 ports (eg AES50-A) would be connected to the X32 FOH and the other AES50 port (eg AES50-B) would be connected to the S16 and the routing would be setup appropriately. Make sense.

Now the question as to how to hookup the 32 ch monitor. I'm assuming you (Bill) want to hook this console up in an analog manner through the 8 outs of the X32 Rack and 8 outs of the S16. Since the analog outs are configured in banks of 8, I don't see any problems at all to route whatever you want in the X32 Rack to those 16 outs.

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Vannatto; 06-18-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Hey Paul, the first part of your response is how I am thinking that this will work. I may not have been clear on what I was asking and suggesting.

Setup:

X32 Front of House
    X32 Rack with 1 S-16 for monitors at the Stage and all analog outputs. X32 Rack for monitor mixes 1 - 8 and S-16 outputs 5 - 8 for Center Fill, Mono Sub, Left & Right.

I think that I should be able to plug the S-16 into the X32 Rack and then run a 250' Ethernet cable to the X32 at Front of House. I would use the AES50 A port to connect the S-16 Rack to the X32 Rack. Then connect the AES50 B port to the Front of House Ethernet snake. If I set the X32 to receive on the AES50 B Port 1 - 32 The output to the AES50 B port 9 - 16 to the S-16 outputs.

I think it will work.

Bill
    Bill Schnake
    Schnake Sound, Inc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast